Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Have to butcher the outside of our MH and cut a few holes so want advice on the best way to treat the bare areas to prevent corrosion.
First up is 2 dead locks getting fitted to the front metal doors , so whats the best way to treat the bare exposed metal.
Second up is the Gas it re filler which is getting a hole drilled in the Aluminium skirt. now i know that aluminium does not rust but it does corrode which causes the paint to come off and the corrosion spreads, so again whats the best way to treat this bare area.

Thanks

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
It won't be seen.
lol it might be seen as you have never seen me cutting holes before :D ,, fk i'd better not joke in case it goes like this .... Trevor to wife .... " Hi Elaine i've had a slight error in installing the dead locks in our MotorHome as in you now have a free air con hole in your passengers door as i drilled a hole in the wrong place :D :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
lol it might be seen as you have never seen me cutting holes before :D ,, fk i'd better not joke in case it goes like this .... Trevor to wife .... " Hi Elaine i've had a slight error in installing the dead locks in our MotorHome as in you now have a free air con hole in your passengers door as i drilled a hole in the wrong place :D :D
Mm!! Might be worth getting a grown up to drill the holes then. ;)

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
Use a good quality hole saw in the first place, then invest in a can of U-Pol acid etch primer to treat the edges after to have cleaned the burrs up with some wet and dry. The acid etch works on aluminium and steel.

I give it two coats of primer then top coat as needed.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back