hobby shower trays

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by ponyboy, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ponyboy

ponyboy Read Only Funster

Wondering if anyone's had any problems with cracks in the the shower trays on Hobby models - mine is barely 7 months old!!!!!!

2. davejen

davejen Funster

Hi, Ponyboy, a fairly common occurrance in the M/Home and caravan industry. Usually there is not enough suppport under the tray , hence they flex and crack. You'd have thought they would have sorted it by now. Deffo a warranty claim and MAKE SURE THEY PUT MORE SUPPORTS IN when they renew it, INSIST on it, or it will just go again!
    Hope this helps,
    Cheers, Dave:thumb:

3. MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome Read Only Funster

They are known to crack. When we bought ours part of the deal was to replace the shower tray completely - it took six months for the tray to arrive and is a time consuming job to complete - would have been expensive. I understand the new ones are better supported. :Doh:

We protect ours now to spread the load.

They can cover and hide the crack\s but in my opinion it will return.

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

shower trays are not usually manufacturer specific and are bought in ready made. as with all plastic parts, they flex a lot and are very prone to cracking

problem is they are the first part of the bathroom fitted with toilet and sink etc fitted on top. to replace means removing and refitting everything around it so its a big job

for older vans out of warranty a permanent fix is to widen the crack, then fill and sand (or plastic weld) then get it sprayed with a flexible liner. good news is you can choose the colour which doesnt have to be white

5. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

Your problem is not specific to your model mine is in the same state . I will fix myself with a proper domestic tray I wouldn't use the crap of the initial Install and a bodge up of spraying more rubbish is just that a bodge. One mistake is unlucky to repeat is unforgivable.