Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Wondering if anyone's had any problems with cracks in the the shower trays on Hobby models - mine is barely 7 months old!!!!!!

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Ponyboy, a fairly common occurrance in the M/Home and caravan industry. Usually there is not enough suppport under the tray , hence they flex and crack. You'd have thought they would have sorted it by now. Deffo a warranty claim and MAKE SURE THEY PUT MORE SUPPORTS IN when they renew it, INSIST on it, or it will just go again!
Hope this helps,
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Wondering if anyone's had any problems with cracks in the the shower trays on Hobby models - mine is barely 7 months old!!!!!!

They are known to crack. When we bought ours part of the deal was to replace the shower tray completely - it took six months for the tray to arrive and is a time consuming job to complete - would have been expensive. I understand the new ones are better supported. :Doh:

We protect ours now to spread the load.

They can cover and hide the crack\s but in my opinion it will return.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
shower trays are not usually manufacturer specific and are bought in ready made. as with all plastic parts, they flex a lot and are very prone to cracking

problem is they are the first part of the bathroom fitted with toilet and sink etc fitted on top. to replace means removing and refitting everything around it so its a big job

for older vans out of warranty a permanent fix is to widen the crack, then fill and sand (or plastic weld) then get it sprayed with a flexible liner. good news is you can choose the colour which doesnt have to be white

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Your problem is not specific to your model mine is in the same state . I will fix myself with a proper domestic tray I wouldn't use the crap of the initial Install and a bodge up of spraying more rubbish is just that a bodge. One mistake is unlucky to repeat is unforgivable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back