HOBBY recall!! (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Hi Dave, yep that sounds about right ish, trouble is i dont know if our van falls into the catergory of the vans that need looking at - he just told me to look myself and see if it was lose or coming away anywhere (which i am glad to say its not)

I think it is on page 4 that there is a German website, plug the VIN in and it tells you (ok in German) whether your vehicle is affected and needs checking. It's what I did and then contacted Hobby UK as they need to sort it out.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A funsters had his window fly out while driving ( luckily no one was hurt ) so even if it seems secure the fixing materials have perished .
I think his story is at the beginning of the thread.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Just checked the VIN number again to see if our is effected (I did try back in september but the system wouldnt recognise my chassis number) it came back that our van was not effected - still something to keep an eye on though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
@Kool Kroozer Spoke with Go European again today and they said that there would be no charge as it was only labour and they would claim that back off Hobby.
The person I spoke to did say, without me prompting him that if it had been cracked there would have been a charge of £1000 which Hobby haven't told the customer. Whether that is a load of bolox I do not know, hope this helps.
Dave.
If it was me, I would be pushing for the work to be done by National Windscreens. At least they know what they're doing - and they're very professional. (y)

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
If it was me, I would be pushing for the work to be done by National Windscreens. At least they know what they're doing - and they're very professional. (y)
Absolutely; the problem arises when, like Kool Kroozer, you're just 5 minutes from a dealer's workshop - very difficult to argue that it's inconvenient to go there!

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Absolutely; the problem arises when, like Kool Kroozer, you're just 5 minutes from a dealer's workshop - very difficult to argue that it's inconvenient to go there!
Ah yes, that would be a bit tricky. :)

michpiggy

Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
We have had our roof light replace under the recall from Hartley's in Elsmereport.

Fab dealer, we thought they were that good we are taking it back this weekend to have the broken fridge fixed

Silverwhiskers

Free Member
Mar 5, 2017
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Nearly Newbie
Came across this thread about suspect panoramic rooflights last weekend and having recently purchased a 2009 Hobby Siesta 600 I started to panic a little decided going back to the dealer I bought the van from would be too long winded. I emailed Hobby UK on Monday morning ( spares1@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk ) who replied straight away asking for the chassis number to check whether it had already been done, it hadn't. Hobby gave me a choice of three service agents to take it to, and as we live in North Devon I chose the nearest at Tavistock Caravans. I spoke to Jackie at Tavistock Caravans on Tuesday morning and booked it in for the following Saturday morning to be checked over. Charlie at Tavistock Caravans decided to re-seal the rooflight (about a 3 hour job) so Jackie took us into Tavistock to do some shopping and by lunch time it was all done & ready to go. I can't thank both Hobby & Tavistock Caravans enough for their very efficient & friendly service.

Dec 28, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
C Class motorhome
Exp
5 Year
I came across this thread about suspect panoramic rooflights last weekend and having recently purchased a 2010 Hobby Van classic. I drove off my drive yesterday and water came in at the above the windscreen around the headlining. The recall was done last year, but I am thinking that the seal as not been done correctly. No sign of damp but water seemed to come in as if a window was open please could you give me some ideas.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I came across this thread about suspect panoramic rooflights last weekend and having recently purchased a 2010 Hobby Van classic. I drove off my drive yesterday and water came in at the above the windscreen around the headlining. The recall was done last year, but I am thinking that the seal as not been done correctly. No sign of damp but water seemed to come in as if a window was open please could you give me some ideas.
I don’t remember hearing any problems of water getting in around the panoramic skylight on other vans, either before or after the recall work was done. But you could be right in thinking it’s a likely source of the trouble. Do you know who did the recall work?

Dec 28, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
C Class motorhome
Exp
5 Year
Just been to a Hobby dealership, they had a look and said the seal is high and I need to contact the dealer who got auto windscreens to do the recall. It was done June 2017. Should they do it under the recall again?

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Just been to a Hobby dealership, they had a look and said the seal is high and I need to contact the dealer who got auto windscreens to do the recall. It was done June 2017. Should they do it under the recall again?
I would phone Hobby UK direct. Their number is given in post #46 in this thread. From what I remember, the recall work was done either by a Hobby dealer themselves or, if you couldn’t find one to do it, it was Hobby UK that organised National Windscreens to do the work. I don’t think a dealer would have got the work done by National Windscreens.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back