LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Nice to see everyone likes to get a gun out and have a pot shot at a drone. You will only hit a drone with a .22 if it is hovering. You wont have a chance even if it is only doing 20mph. Also RC planes can be fitted with a camera more sport for the shoot it down gang.

I will be starting my glider pilots licence when the weather gets a bit better and warmer. I shall have a camera in with me. Will the pot shot gang also start on them.

GROW UP or have you got something to hide.

I doubt if you could hover in a Glider 50 feet or less above my property.

Why would anyone with a camera drone want to hover above me and mine unless they were wanting to deliberately invade my privacy?
Wether I have something to hide or not is totally irrelevant.

I assume that some would be perfectly happy for me, to get some ladders and and take photos of them over their fence wall or whatever surrounds your property, as that is exactly what a camera drone will be doing.

:cooler:

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I doubt if you could hover in a Glider 50 feet or less above my property.

Why would anyone with a camera drone want to hover above me and mine unless they were wanting to deliberately invade my privacy?
Wether I have something to hide or not is totally irrelevant.

I assume that some would be perfectly happy for me, to get some ladders and and take photos of them over their fence wall or whatever surrounds your property, as that is exactly what a camera drone will be doing.

:cooler:

removed

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
In Portugal, non celebs own the rights to their own image... take pictures of me without my permission and face the consequences.
JJ :cool:

But you are a celeb ! Ask Rocky.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Nice to see everyone likes to get a gun out and have a pot shot at a drone. You will only hit a drone with a .22 if it is hovering. You wont have a chance even if it is only doing 20mph. Also RC planes can be fitted with a camera more sport for the shoot it down gang.

I will be starting my glider pilots licence when the weather gets a bit better and warmer. I shall have a camera in with me. Will the pot shot gang also start on them.

GROW UP or have you got something to hide.
gliding, now that's a sport, only done it once
enjoy(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
gliding, now that's a sport,

No quite, more like a religion. You have to be there day in day out waiting for the weather and grab it when you can. It's a way of life.

In the north of England it's a mega frustrating way of life.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Model aircraft have been around for years and I don't doubt that many carry a camera these days. They don't seem to cause any major issue. They are also drones. The latest versions of model helicopters seem to be controversial - why? There have been rules and conventions around model aircraft operation that have in general worked adequately - what's changed?

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
images hobby2.jpg
My Hobby drone is a bugger to fly:D

OP
OP
stuurman

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
Now there's an Uplifting photo...Needed something to lighten the load after all this rubbish on this thread!!...:giggler:

Oh, I don't know, there have been one or two rubbish posts about shooting etc but overall the information provided helped me a lot in getting to know more about drones and their (im)possibilities. Thank you all (well, not all) for that. Regards Hans.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Oh, I don't know, there have been one or two rubbish posts about shooting etc but overall the information provided helped me a lot in getting to know more about drones and their (im)possibilities. Thank you all (well, not all) for that. Regards Hans.

That's good then. So often the thread gets so wound up that the OP does not get the answer he was looking for...

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Not sure how relevant this is as we are in Scotland but when Historic Scotland were doing their remote vehicle aerial survey of our local castle (they objected to the description of survey by drone), all the neighbours had to be notified in advance and if the remote aerial vehicle was likely to come within 50m of a property boundary the property owner / occupier had to give written permission to allow this.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Im glad all the banter has helped some members. Drone flying is the easy way to get into R C Planes. The planes need a lot more skill. Hardest part landing and getting the feel of the transmitters and how they move a plane. When a plane is flying at you left on transmitter turns plane right and vice versa takes a lot of time to get used to this. I have smashed up 2 small planes but the drones are still flying well. Loads more practice and money.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
That is so far out of perspective. the winglet is over 6ft tall and you would not break it with a drone it is strong. another thing is that at 200knots climb out you would not see a stationary or slow item it would just be bang nothing seen. Otherwise I would see the bird coming at the screen before it broke and splattered.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not sure how relevant this is as we are in Scotland but when Historic Scotland were doing their remote vehicle aerial survey of our local castle (they objected to the description of survey by drone), all the neighbours had to be notified in advance and if the remote aerial vehicle was likely to come within 50m of a property boundary the property owner / occupier had to give written permission to allow this.
That scenario is a commercial venture and is correct and should be undertaken by a licenced pilot.

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
I beg a brief moment of your indulgence, Young John, in order to illustrate my point...........

God knows that the outcome would have been if it had been the cockpit windscreen and not the wing tip!

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Some people will be taken in by anything that is in BAD PRESS. These are the ones that have not got a clue on the short distance the toy drones fly. 90% of them is 200 mtrs max kids ones 30-50 mtrs so the picture of the drone with the plane is CRAP unless the plane was doing a very low flyby

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
God knows that the outcome would have been if it had been the cockpit windscreen and not the wing tip!
Damn sight less than a goose splattering on it, in front of your nose. Screens are multi laminated and quite tough, however a andean vulture at 29000ft managed to come through the front nose cone , the pressure bulkhead, the pedals and break the co-pilot's leg, before hitting the cockpit rear wall in bits.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Flying a drone = good, clean, innocent fun.

Flying a drone with a camera, around other people and their property taking pictures/video = nosey git/peeping tom/pervert.

In Portugal, non celebs own the rights to their own image... take pictures of me without my permission and face the consequences.

JJ :cool:
But ... who in the right mind would want to take a photo of you in the first place JJ ... :rofl:

[the phrase "face the consequences" reminds me of the TV ad with the bloke that's got a white cat on his knee with a squeaky voice ....]

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Now anyone can fly one, before stabilised quads only serious flyers could fly things.
I'm not sure thats right, everybody had to start with no experience.
I started flying with free flight planes, both wind up rubber and petrol powered, then had gliders and a Mig jet ( anybody remember Jetex engines?) all home built with balsa wood and doped tissue paper.
When I thought about trying a helicopter, I was told that the bigger it is, the easier it is to fly.
Hah!
So, I bought a 600 size electric helicopter. Imagine, just a few feet in front of you are two razor sharp blades with a diameter of 1.2 metres, spinning at around 2000 rpm, and you are going to control them with a 6 channel radio, for which you ( me) need 3 hands and 2 brains, just to get the thing off the ground.
And they say drones are dangerous..........

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back