Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Nigel&Debbie.

So you carry a shotgun high power air rifle or some sort of small arms style rifle such as rimfire in your van ready to use near or with other members of the public. I think the law would jump on you like a ton of bricks for using & carrying such fire arms I do know the law as I hold a full firearms licence.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
ive done a couple of jobs with drones checking out the old engine sheds on railway yards , they have a commercial use , unfortunately the market is becoming saturated for surveys and the news companys have now got their own trained drone teams ,hence the footage from places such as the recent floods in carlisle.
if you want to earn a living from then you have to have a licence from the CAA, you can do the training in Cambridge ,the company that i work for does the courses ,the drones that we use on a professional basis cost 10k+
The Yanks have recently brought in a law that changes the game over there,your drone must be traceable and insured.
Ive built three of them , they can be fun ,but they are most certainly not a childs toy ,i would not be surprised if i heard of a fatality caused by a drone.
The owners of large houses and estates have in some cases fitted jamming devices that cause your drone to crash if you get too close.
When you are doing it on a professional level you have to log a flight plan and adhere to any restrictions .:)

OP
OP
stuurman

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
Thank you all for your contributions, learned a lot, especially about safety and prices, have ordered the Yizhan Tarantula and the much smaller Fayee FY 804 for training. Thanks again for your input. Hans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Ive heard vanbitz are now fitting the below for the same price as a sat dish if you like your privacy :D:LOL:

Boulton_Paul_Defiant_gun_turret_WWII_IWM_CH_879.jpg

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Hi Nigel&Debbie.

So you carry a shotgun high power air rifle or some sort of small arms style rifle such as rimfire in your van ready to use near or with other members of the public. I think the law would jump on you like a ton of bricks for using & carrying such fire arms I do know the law as I hold a full firearms licence.

I thought to have a firearms licence you had to be of average intelligence and able to read! Who has mentioned a firearm? It is simple - put my property in danger when going against guidance/ best practice from authorities (as previously pointed out on this thread) and I will (as per common law) use reasonable force to eliminate the threat. Section 1(1) of the Criminal Damage Act 1971 specifically covers this.

Play with your toys properly, away from other persons and or their property and there shall be no issue.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I thought to have a firearms licence you had to be of average intelligence and able to read! Who has mentioned a firearm? It is simple - put my property in danger when going against guidance/ best practice from authorities (as previously pointed out on this thread) and I will (as per common law) use reasonable force to eliminate the threat. Section 1(1) of the Criminal Damage Act 1971 specifically covers this.

Play with your toys properly, away from other persons and or their property and there shall be no issue.
When you drive on the road do you shoot oncoming vehicles because if their drivers lost control they could crash into you?

I think I know what point you are making but you can't just try and damage something because it is flying over your MH otherwise you will be trying to shoot down helicopters, light aircraft or even airliners.

Invasion of privacy is a different matter but I don't think the reasonable force argument applies in this case as celebrities who have punched paparazzi photographers have discovered. :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
A young neighbour got one for Christmas has put his camera footage on youtube. The footage has now been removed as it invaded the privacy of other people.

They do look fun but need to be used in a responsible manner.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have quite an attractive neighbour who sunbathes in her garden. What's the best drone I can get?

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
One other thing to remember is that not all drones are fitted out to carry a camera. Even if it does still does not mean it is taking any footage. The trouble is the no nothings or the ones who have never owned or flown a drone are the first to moan without doing any research on it.

OP
OP
stuurman

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I have seen posts where someone answers a question and then say that he doesn't know anything about it but there will be soon someone who will answer that question, there are indeed some strange people about.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have seen posts where someone answers a question and then say that he doesn't know anything about it but there will be soon someone who will answer that question, there are indeed some strange people about.

There can be good logic to the post, it brings it back on to the top of the recent posts list.

AKA "bumping".

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

That usually happens when someone has asked a question and not had a reply, so in putting that they are bumping the question back up the forum, so it can get an answer, much the same as just putting Bump :Smile:

Edit......Snap Brian & I posted same time.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Flying a drone = good, clean, innocent fun.

Flying a drone with a camera, around other people and their property taking pictures/video = nosey git/peeping tom/pervert.

In Portugal, non celebs own the rights to their own image... take pictures of me without my permission and face the consequences.

JJ :cool:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have a very good slingshot. If you decide to get one and fly over my Mh, you will find out how good a shot I am On a serious note I was on a site and one came down on the roof of a caravan - result was thousands of pounds worth of damage! The advice from the manufactures is to fly only on open ground away from people and property - so have to ask the question why do you need one ( perverts of course exempted).

Nigel - sling shot champion
I meet your slingshot and raise my shotgun. A pest and an intrusion in the wrong hands. Someone flew one over our house from the village green last year. Cue instant objection and pointing out of the local by-laws which specifically prohibit flying things. Bloke got a bit arsey but packed up after he hit a tree. Probably the same bloke that lets his dog crap on the green........... Haven't seen the drone since

OP
OP
stuurman

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It seems to me that the violence against drones, some of which is verbally displayed on here, is to protect the privacy of the property and all who are in/on it. I have been searching the internet regarding the use of drones and find that nobody shoots camera's in shops/streets/hospitals/airports etcetc. Also, the privacy of a person who carries a mobile phone or uses a creditcard doesn't need protecting by slingshot or shotgun. Ergo, using a camera drone in the public space seems not to be an issue. Is that a correct statement?
It goes without saying, that I am not a peeping tom, a nosey git or a pervert, I just want to start a new modern hobby and explore all the gadgets connected with it, all ofcourse within the law and common descency. Regards, Hans.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Nothing to do with privacy for me , I just don't want one hitting the side of the van or ME also the noise is not good .

A lot of campsites have banned them .

Paul

OP
OP
stuurman

stuurman

Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I thought the post was about drones, or have you changed it!

Can a .22 air gun bring down a Drone?

It's a reasonable question, and if it can, I'll buy one!

An air gun that is, not a drone!

:cooler:

Did you read my post today at 6.56PM? If so, can you comment on it? I like to know why someone wants to shoot down a drone. Regards, Hans

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It seems to me that the violence against drones, some of which is verbally displayed on here, is to protect the privacy of the property and all who are in/on it. I have been searching the internet regarding the use of drones and find that nobody shoots camera's in shops/streets/hospitals/airports etcetc. Also, the privacy of a person who carries a mobile phone or uses a creditcard doesn't need protecting by slingshot or shotgun. Ergo, using a camera drone in the public space seems not to be an issue. Is that a correct statement?
It goes without saying, that I am not a peeping tom, a nosey git or a pervert, I just want to start a new modern hobby and explore all the gadgets connected with it, all ofcourse within the law and common descency. Regards, Hans.
You may not be a peeping Tom or someone caseing a property for burglary but us poor sods on the ground don't know that, do we? It is reasonable to assume that someone flying a drone over the top of my house is doing it for a specific purpose and not by accident. Like everything, they have their place, but with or without camera, over the top of my property is not one of them. If it landed inside my property, of course it would be returned to the owner but it may have been damaged when it crashed

By the way, in case you hadn't realised, the shotgun comment was a joke and was interpreted by almost all as such. It is illegal to discharge even an air rifle outside very closely defined areas. Hope that clarifies sufficiently :)

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Did you read my post today at 6.56PM? If so, can you comment on it? I like to know why someone wants to shoot down a drone. Regards, Hans
Some one not licenced, properly trained or insured to fly devices over me and mine, which is putting me and mine at risk, should expect me to defend myself and my property
I would therefore expect, to have the right to defend me and mine by bringing the offending machine down!
It is not illegal to discharge an air gun over my own property or any property where I have permission, providing I don't do it over adjoining properties where I don't have permission.
I would only bring one down, if it were directly over my property.

:cooler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back