Hiring motorhome out (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Have thought of doing this myself, how did you go about it? The worry is my own being damaged, it seems some people aren't as careful as I know I would be.

I joined a swap website for RVs and established people that wanted to swap for Europe/ UK, then contacted people with a similar van to ours, and a similar age,
start sending emails and pictures until both parties were satisfied,
also helped to picked up and dropped of at a airport, we also done the same for them,
both couples were retired professionals and obviously had years of experience driving Motorhomes on the left side of the road (y)
and in my case both were Brits that had migrated to New Zealand years ago and touch wood We get our Motorhome back this weekend(y)
absolutely no contest on the cost front, downside is loosing you Motorhome over the summer, but as we are both retired we can enjoy it after all the kids have gone back to school:)

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
We rented our first Motorhome out which we bought throug our then company with the sole purpose of getting Motorhome for as little as possible. Had a bit of damage and mileage was high but as we used an agent we did not have to much hassle. We even had our own website for a time but after three seasons we decided that we had proved we had got the van for the original purpose. We got the van out of the business as a bonus and have exchanged this year for a very good price, the company we used did not even look at it which was a great surprise.
Ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back