Hirel Aire (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: Now in Brittany, weather lovely and Aire very nice. First one that is the same price as in All Aires book (5) Nice grass pitches and lots of walking and cycling, going to stay 2 nights:happy:

Attachments

• IMG_20160507_204830405.jpg
    IMG_20160507_204830405.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 54
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I don't think I have ever stayed on a 'grass' Aire. Looks nice!

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
It's very nice. We thought we'd be using Aires mainly and campsites when we needed to do laundry but there are even Aires with launderettes nearby. So it's going to be Aires all the way! Such a brilliant setup, it's going to make mohoming feel very much like hard work when we get back to good old Blighty :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It's very nice. We thought we'd be using Aires mainly and campsites when we needed to do laundry but there are even Aires with launderettes nearby. So it's going to be Aires all the way! Such a brilliant setup, it's going to make mohoming feel very much like hard work when we get back to good old Blighty :smiley:
Yes very nice setup and as you say no need for campsites for Landerette as a lot of supermarket have them(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Makes it rather like using CL's by the look of it, nothing at all wrong with that by the way, and motorhomes only so less space needed per pitch

Nice looking site, thanks for sharing (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just had a closer look at Jim's link (thanks again) looks bigger than I first expected

also free day parking which is interesting so close to the beach

but looking through the photos, quite a few users have their awnings out with chairs outside, I thought this was not allowed on aires?

Although this is more like a basic campsite than the aires we have seen and used so far

we have found and used this one near Millau, as I described att he time more like a CL

IMG_1476.JPG

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
but looking through the photos, quite a few users have their awnings out with chairs outside, I thought this was not allowed on aires?

no general rule.. look in the aire descriptions for.. Camping Behaviour 'allowed' or 'not allowed'

on some there is plenty of space.. others it wouldn't be possible.. also depends how busy they are ..

grass type aires generally have more space than the car park type.. such as the one at Honfleur

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
just had a closer look at Jim's link (thanks again) looks bigger than I first expected

also free day parking which is interesting so close to the beach

Although this is more like a basic campsite than the aires we have seen and used so far

we have found and used this one near Millau, as I described att he time more like a CL

View attachment 104892
Depends what sort you are on , the large town ones useualy pack them in so no room for awnings but even so never seen one where you couldn't get your table and chairs out if you want , but the small village ones you can pretty much do what you like as long as there is room for everyone,

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
So far every Aire we've been on everyone seems to get chairs, tables out for meals and most pack away afterwards. A few awnings out but no one seems to take the Mickey. It feels very much like there is a respect for everyone's right to park up for a day or two and enjoy themselves. You get the overall impression of a country that welcomes motorhomes and makes good provision for them. Local businesses must do well. Nearly everywhere we've been there's somewhere to stock up or a van comes round with baguettes in the morning. We've had cider sellers and local fisherman selling their wares knocking the door. All makes for a lovely relaxing time touring around.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back