Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Update on new van

We have seen and had inspected by CLS a Frankia motorhome. Unfortunately this had a personalised number plate which has had to be changed to a new number. The vendor has gone on holiday fron July 17th until 20th August while this is being done ( 30 working days).

In July while we were waiting for the change, we put a the details in a HIP check. This came back OK except for the fact the date of issue was not recognised.

We tried with the new date we had been given by the vendor, but this new date was not recognised either.
We thought the issue of a new number plate would sort the matter out and the new HIP check would show all was fine.

Dave tried, however, to input a new check last night so that we can get on with the sale.

Now the HIP check says the new number plate has not been recognised. This might be because they have not received the info for their records. ( The vendor's son says he has the new reg certificate but not the log book yet from the DVLA).

Should we be concerned? We are not willing to go ahead until everything in the Check is ok but I still feel uneasy. Sorry this is such a long post.
Any advice welcome.
Lucille

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi it sounds like the private number is causing the problem.Check that all engine & chassis numbers are correct then if they are right you should have no problem,but I am pretty sure you can get the info off the DVLA ??? GEO may well know ?
terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
staging lady

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Thanks for the help, folks.
We have tried the new registration number again tonight for the HPI check. Again it says the number is not recognised.
We are going to ring them tomorrow to see what is going on.
Either there is something not right, or the DVLA of HPI are slow at communicating
with each other.
What do you think?
Lucille

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thanks for the help, folks.
We have tried the new registration number again tonight for the HPI check. Again it says the number is not recognised.
We are going to ring them tomorrow to see what is going on.
Either there is something not right, or the DVLA of HPI are slow at communicating
with each other.
What do you think?
Lucille
Hi Lucille
During any reg transfers DVLA,VOSA,and HPI go into limbo and block any and all requests, the reason being is two sets of documents could be prepared at the same time for one vehicle and this is an absolute no no, there will be a day soon when all will fall into place if your at all concerned wait for it to happen
your main concern should be finding out on any reg number that will; work, that
1. no finance company has any interest recorded
2.it is not recorded as stolen or stolen recovered (lowers value)
3. has not been subject to total loss (really lowers value)
all the rest you can physically check before hand over
ie chassis numbers and documents Match, reg address is where you are buying from, person selling is the reg keeper etc
Geo
if you like pm me the any of the reg,s just the reg no other details and I will see what I can find,I have limited access to old records but don't hold your breath

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back