Hints & Tips for security when travelling abroad (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Unfortunately then I am at risk - big flashy RV

Don't worry too much. Once secure, Rv's really are the best motorhome to be in with regards to security. The windows are high and hard to reach, and mostly are chunky double glazed glass rather than plastic. In an A Class RV like yours; the cab sliding windows really are the only vulnerable part. We had small steel rods in the grooves to stop the windows opening. For additional peace of mind you can alarm them for just a few quid. (y)

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Whether you're a victim of crime or not is largely down to luck combined with using common sense

The vast majority of vehicles are broken into when the owners leave something worth nicking in view. You're always taking a gamble committing a crime if you don't know if you're actually gonna come away with anything worth stealing plus rummaging around takes more time at the scene.....exactly what a thief wants to avoid

I'm sure we've all walked past a vehicle with a sat nav/handbag/mobile phone etc in plain sight, lucky for the owner then that only a tiny proportion of the population would want to steal it and we weren't one of them

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Read your OP dippingatoe and saw you had written - bikes locked - alarm loop on. We've just bought two electric bikes and was debating about locks. What locks have alarms?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Were you nearly robbed Sue @ dippingatoe? Can you tell us what happened?

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Were you nearly robbed Sue @ dippingatoe? Can you tell us what happened?

See my previous post

I was robbed.....
Read your OP dippingatoe and saw you had written - bikes locked - alarm loop on. We've just bought two electric bikes and was debating about locks. What locks have alarms?

The bit in red was from Jim . But I already had an alarm bought off Amazon, which has a movement alarm, and also goes off if interfered with - though not very loud I have to say

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
do our best to be safety conscious, being reminded is good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back