LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not sure what your short list of 3 is exactly.

E&P Very good, quite possibly the market leaders, offer full auto levelling and manual control which can be operated by wired control pad or optional wireless remote, plenty of dealers in the UK and Europe if you want or need service but there is very little to go wrong.

Goldschmidt are part of the Hymer group now as are N+B vans, N+B fit E+P levelling, I believe that the Goldschmidt system is a bit more complicated than E&P and needs more servicing, well that's what the guy in the Goldschmidt service centre at Polch told us;)

Don't know what your third is, could it be Glideright, they are a bit cheaper than the above two systems and have less features like auto level and wireless remote (last time I looked anyway) the jacks also have smaller pads so will need a plank of wood under to stop them sinking on soft ground.

Martin

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We had a very tiring day walking around clocked about 10 miles!

Really liked the Bavaria range thought they were well speced and good value for money. Also liked the Hymer stand very big and well laid out. Loved the little hymer van, perfect for a couple or sole traveler.

Very surpirsed most of the vans were either single beds or island. Hardly any french bed ones. Very small loungers but enourmous bedrooms. Really please we bought when we did as theybdon't make our Cl 554 anymore just the Sl 554.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We specifically went to look at Gliderrite, AS Suspension and E&P/VB Air. Ignored Goldschmitt as would have to deal with Travelworld and we all have our predjudices.

We are looking for something to make it easy for us to setup with our nose very slightly up as we find we sleep better, also to assist us when we get stuck at Peterborough or Chester and to tilet to the left when at home use blocks at the moment. Not sure what we wanted so also looked at Air suspension as this provides levelling, but after spending some time playing with suspension system and discussing with vendors we put this to one side.

We found Gliderite system OK, stand rep was a bit jaded probably fed up after 4 days on stand, and we found the control systems a bit dated, even the new full auto remote was a bit cheap looking compared to the others, also there was no auto retract when releasing the handbrake, an alarm sounded but the auto retract is being worked on and coming soon but no dates.

So really it is down to AS and E&P, the best control system by far is AS, much easier to use and control they seem to have thought of everything. The actual hydraulic legs looked very similar, the oil reservoir and pump and brains for E&P are possibly a bit smaller. AS are in Warrington whereas E&P have dealers though out the UK (we're around Aylesbury) our nearest being Conrad Anderson, if there was a problems with E&P could we take it to any of their dealers? The warranties are similar, AS offered a check up after 12 months, replacing the oil. Sure E&P do the same but like Gliderite (150.00) I would think they charge for it. Actual costs are similar with E&P probably being a bit cheaper, will probably email them both to get quotes.

Not decided but preferred AS, sort of looking for a reason not to go with them and so far apart from in Warrington cannot find one.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
I had my air suspension fitted by AS in Warrington and we live in East Kent, but well worth the trip and very nice people even Millie the dog is nice(jack Russell)
thinking of self level system my self.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Whilst at the nec today we booked a slot with AS Air Suspension Ltd to have air suspension fitted To our MH in Feb 2017.

Really liked the look of their auto levelling system. Watched with interest whilst the system was being demonstrated to another couple and as already mentioned, the controller is way ahead of the competition. I was sorely tempted to sell a kidney to fund the purchase. However, the wife but the block on as she selfishly wouldn't consider the proposition in funding the purchase..........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back