Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Is anyone else going to the NEC?

We are booked into the temporary site for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday nights so will be in the show for much of those three days.
Sorry we will miss you GJH we are going on Saturday...enjoy

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
"Paris Brothel" is, I am told, a style not a geographical location. I am told that there is one in every port. :D
You see, I was right - you DO know all about them.:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Is anyone else going to the NEC?

We are booked into the temporary site for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday nights so will be in the show for much of those three days.

3 days,,3 hours did us on tues,,nothing very exciting,,,,BUSBY.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
25 minutes away by train, will be there at 10. Will have Funster badge on, sod say hello.

Reactions: GJH

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We'll have a look today.
It ticked a lot of boxes for us. And had a nice chat with Bill Hayes of Hayes leisure as well.

Had Funster badge on but didn't see anyone. The guy at life's a breeze offered to replace a broken pole section FOC if I tell him which one it is, just have to pay the postage. Good outfit. I like them (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It ticked a lot of boxes for us. And had a nice chat with Bill Hayes of Hayes leisure as well.

Had Funster badge on but didn't see anyone. The guy at life's a breeze offered to replace a broken pole section FOC if I tell him which one it is, just have to pay the postage. Good outfit. I like them (y)
Never got to look at it after all David. Far too big for us :) By the way, sorry to have missed you yesterday - I had to enjoy a Laphroaig on my own :LOL:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We kept looking but only met one Funster, @John745, who spotted our badges whilst we were having lunch. Nice to meet you John.
Most of the motorhomes were wrong for us. Too big or wrong types of bed (we don't want transverse, drop down or island).
There was a nice Fleurette 6.5 metre van with a french bed on Webbs' stand though. We'll have a look tomorrow.

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
We were looking out for fellow Funsters too today. We even put our big Funster Window Sticker in the middle of the van's windscreen hoping to attract our fellow friends :rolleyes: But to no avail !! So just in case any of you missed us today, it will be there tomorrow right in the middle so look out for us (y)

Now, we went to the Motorhome show to look at Motorhome stuff, and guess what ?? We saw about 4 today.. We ended up looking at a number of gadget retailers, stayed at the French Campsite section and got talking to a number of people there about aires and good campsites, and after that got talking to and testing the Duvalay stuff. Then had lunch and both decided it's a good idea to go and have a look at some van's.. After all, it's what we came to do !!

2 min's in we noticed the Swift Lodges and OMAR Palatial Static Caravan section with static's costing from ÂŁ28k to ÂŁ275K.... Kat thought this looked interesting, and boy Static Caravan's have come a long way since I was a wee lad :D They even had their own built in BBQ Section... so, 3 hrs later........

Kat decides we need some new pillow's.. 30 mins later after thorough testing we buy some... I have to say look very nice and the special "show" price we paid for them, they better last 10 years...

So back to the Motorhome side. Today we saw the new big arsed 2.489 metre wide Bailey, a lovely quaint old fashioned caravan (Pic to follow) and a great Built in BBQ from Chausson that extends from the side of the van.. Brilliant !! And of course we went to see the new updated 2017 version of our Comanche...

Tomorrow, hoping to spend some time looking at vans, and hoping to spot the Funster....(y)

Reactions: GJH

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
@Steve and Kat ,Glad you got your big nay huge smiley badge in the van!! We only went for the day and hardly scratched the surface! I saw some crocs I liked and a Mr Ds smaller cooking thingy which I thought looked great. But bought nothing!!! Didn't see one funster with a badge on perhaps they were avoiding me!:LOL: Enjoy!

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
IMG_2746.JPG
IMG_2745.JPG

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
People think wearing a Funster badge will attract others, I think it's more of a warning sign especially in @GJH case :) :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
People think wearing a Funster badge will attract others, I think it's more of a warning sign especially in @GJH case :) :)
Well it must be as no one said hello or had a badge that I saw on Tuesday!! The dealer lady on the Hymer stand said she liked my smiley badge!! Being nice to me so I'd by a van! Which I didn't !!:LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well it must be as no one said hello or had a badge that I saw on Tuesday!! The dealer lady on the Hymer stand said she liked my smiley badge!! Being nice to me so I'd by a van! Which I didn't !!:LOL:
My biggest disappointment was not seeing @GJH as I really wanted to buy him and Jill lunch (honest) - February I stood Les and Debs lunch. Just a nice thing to do.......

Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
We were there yesterday, boiling down our shortlist for our first MH./ PVC. Met 2 funsters, (wearing badges) Eddie at Vanbitz, told me all about lithium ion batteries and the strikeback alarm system.
Also the chap selling window anti- pry devices - sorry, didnt write your name down. Both really helpful guys.

Our choices are likely to be from 3 front lounge layouts & 1 rear lounge:
Shire phoenix FL Twin
Autotrail V 600 sport
Wildax Constellation 3
Autosleeper Warwick Duo

Was a good, informative but tiring day as there at 10:15 till gone 5pm. loads to see / digest and only scratched the surface re all the accessories and add on stands.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We had quick visit yesterday, wanted to check the hydraulic levelling options, useful to see the 3 options all at the same time makes comparisons so much easier.

Once that was done we checked out the new vans we thought might suit us. But the highlight was that there was nothing new that is better than we have :)

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Neil, what were your thoughts on the three systems, we are looking to put the E&P levellers on our new van, so would be interested in your views.
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back