ricwig69

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Newcastle (The Toon)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We're off to the Highland Games at Bridge of Allan this weekend, staying at Witches Craig caravan park in Blairlogie. I'm really looking forward to it as I was wanting to go to the Callander games last year, but ended up going the week before (don't ask!).:Doh:

Is anyone in that neck of the woods this weekend (it's just north of Stirling) or has anyone been to Bridge of Allan itself? The caravan park gets almost unanimously good reviews on ukcampsite. Mind, a couple of things that jumped out at me on the games' website were the two 'large' bars and the open events, including long jump and triple jump.:whatthe: I hope there'll be a few ambulances standing by...

OP
OP
ricwig69

ricwig69

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Newcastle (The Toon)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I take it that's a 'no' then...:RollEyes: Well, we've just got back and even though the weather was patchy we had an excellent time! It was the first Games we've been to, and we didn't realist there was so much going on - not just the caber tossing! Everything was fairly reasonably priced and the different events went on all through the day.

If anyone's in Scotland near one of the Games over the next few weeks, and you've never been to one before, I'd well recommend going. You can have a look at the schedule here: Highland Games of Scotland.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
thanks for highland games site .:thumb:
we are going up to scotland for three weeks after
a visit to see our son in blackpool tomorow .:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Just a note to say that the largest Highland Games not in Scotland is held in Ashbourne, Derbyshire normally on 3rd Sunday in July. It features over 20 Pipe Bands, Highland Dancing, Scottish Country Dancing, Hill Race, Strong Men Challenges with Geoff Capes organising Lifting events and Tossing the Caber etc. At the end of the day the Massed Bands parade down the street with the Drum Majors tossing their Batons over banners in the street with the best one winning a Gallon of whisky. A very good day out.

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back