Oct 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class bessy E560
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Hi,
Just wondered if anybody has any experiences with either Highbridge motorhomes in Somerset or Dolphin motorhomes in Dorset? As Mrs B and myself are going to both this weekend to look at a few mho's. We need to get one this month. Have got a couple in mind so hopefully might get a deposit down:Smile:.
Any thoughts/comments gratefully received :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We bought our present Motorhome from Dolphin about 18 months ago.
Found them to be very fair on the financial side and the few problems we had with the van were sorted out promptly and to a very high standard.
We are happy to recommend Dolphin to others on the basis of our experience with them.

Brisey.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Double post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

Never bought a motorhome from Highbridge but I've bought four caravans going back to the eighties.

They have been going for donkey's years and it's still run by the same family who are on site every day.

I would have bought our present motorhome from them but, when we were looking they didn't have a model that suited us.

No hesitation in recommending them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can recommend Highbridge - we bought a Chausson from them in 2010 and they were very good - we actually did a round trip of 500 miles as they had a good reputation and gave us a VERY good price for our PX motorhome. Despite the distance I would certainly do business with them again. Their aftersales is good too.:thumb:

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
I am not trying to be picky or clever but do you mean Highbridge caravans who also sell motor homes or West country motorhomes who are based just outside Highbridge only about a mile apart, just wondering:Smile:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Highbridge Caravans are the Chausson dealer for this area so if buying new it would have been them or if buying used in could have been them or Westcountry.

OP
OP
Builder147

Builder147

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class bessy E560
Exp
Getting the hang of it
I am not trying to be picky or clever but do you mean Highbridge caravans who also sell motor homes or West country motorhomes who are based just outside Highbridge only about a mile apart, just wondering:Smile:

No probs:Smile: yes it is Highbridge caravans.

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Good luck with your weekend hunt, its great fun.:thumb:

OP
OP
Builder147

Builder147

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class bessy E560
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Many thanks all ::bigsmile:. Hopefully post again later after Saturday.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Why not come a bit further east and try Johnscross, very fair and get funster discount as well.

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Dolphin, they have been fantastic all the way. Even took the trouble to contact me a few weeks after delivery to make sure all was OK. Also been very patient on the phone when I have rang up with stupid questions like how do I switch the ceiling lights off.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
If you are at Highbridge then why not also call at Somerset Motor Homes Thornefalcon Junction 25 M5 then take the A358 Ilminster road about 1 mile turn left at traffic lights the 20 yards on your right who have an extensive range of 2nd hand vans

Chelston Motor Homes Junction 26 M5 head for Wellington to the roundabout take the 3rd exit then 100 yards on the left

Martins Motor homes Junction 30 M5 1st exit 50 yards turn right and cross the carriage way into their car park. Then an easy run back to J29 to get to Dorset for Dolphin

That way you can get a lot of call in and see hundreds

OP
OP
Builder147

Builder147

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class bessy E560
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Deposit paid

We went to Dolphin today, set off about 8am got there at 10.45, tom tom took us straight to the door more or less:Smile: Met the sales guy Andy, great bloke we thought, tells things as they are, no b/s, very helpful and not pushy at all. (Sorry so excited, I for got to say we have bought a bessacarr e560 07 plate :Doh:) So we had a good look around and in the van, brilliant, very big grins from Mrs B and myself ::bigsmile: well pleased with everything. Took it for a test drive, good pick up I thought from the engine, smooth gear change and comfy ish ride. Mrs B didn't even feel sick in the back either which says something :clap:. So back to Dolphin, parked up, then we talked money!! won't delve into nitty gritty stuff, but I like to haggle and we walked away with a fair deal we thought, extras we got were cam belt change, full service, 4 brand new tyres and six months tax (I know 12 would have been better but hey ho), So we were happy with that. Took a vid on me phone to show the boys at work on Monday ::bigsmile:. Can't pick it up until 26th March as they are busy, We would have liked it next Sunday, But like the guy said, there is quite a bit to do before next Sunday plus they have other vehicles to get ready before ours, which is fair enough we thought. So a little wait then the adventure begins:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back