Free Member
Sep 13, 2010
Aberdeen Scotland
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
Two weeks.
Can anyone please assist me with this problem? I have no electical current registering at any of the high level marker lights and have tried to locate the fuse to check if this is the cause but cannot find one. I have a Compass Comodore motor home on a 2.8TD. Mercedes 312 sprinter base. 1998 model. I cannot say for sure if these lights have ever worked as I have never driven at night. I have had the vehicle for 18 months and it went through the MOT on April last year no problem although I didn't check the lights then. It was only when I happened to check them for this years MOT. that I discovered they were not functioning at all. Would be gratefull for any help.:Sad: Yours Henderson.

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Unlikely that these are fused separately than your normal lights, would think most likely
they take their power from your rear lights.Check under the rear skirt of your van as
this is were they tend to patch into the wiring and not very well in the case of most
manufacturers, you will probably find a broken wire at this point.
Regards
Steve:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
This sort of problem is almost always traced back to a bad connection where the lights are fed from the chassis wiring loom. They tend to corrode under the van due to water and debris. For some this connection is at the rear of the van for others it is just behind the cab. In many cases though the actual fault is very hard to trace so it may be easier and cheaper to run a new connection to the vehicle side lights wiring therefore bridging the damaged connector

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back