Hi (1 Viewer)

jg147

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
new
I hope you do not mind a caravan owner joining the community but we are considering changing to a motorhome and open to advice.

We love the Autotrail Scout but the price is high so any suggestions to consider are welcome. We must have a seperate shower and rear lounge. I also love cooking so the small european ovens do put me off some models.

As a family we try get away at least 2 weekends a month, we like the sites where we can go dog walking and I am sure a motorhome would be quicker for setting up for just the 1 night. Also we have a house in Spain, this summer we are towing the caravan as I want to take the dog and stop over on route. My husband feels a motorhome would be better for the distance and driving it through our small white washed village. Our caravan is going to receive some funny looks for sure.

I hope in the coming months we will find something suitable as we are going to the Cheshire show and NEC in October. For now please be gentle and not too much fun poking as most of you may have 'tugged' at some point before

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun, I am sure a lot of us have been tuggers in the past, and more than pleased to awnser any questions you may have: welcomefunster:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Tuggers, tents, old and new motorhomes,all welcome on here as the emphasis is FUNflyingwelcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Some of us are still 'tuggers' maybe in a slightly different way

Welcome to Fun

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi & welcome ::bigsmile: You will certainly find the setting up experience with a motorhome,a whole lot easier with the motorhome and the driving experience will probably be less trouble also :Smile:
flyingwelcome

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi jg, you wouldn't be the only one at with a caravan at the Motorhome meets ..... everybody is made welcome and it would be lovely to see you there. Welcome:thumb:

Smoogy

Free Member
Mar 29, 2010
Porlock, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 months and loving it!
Hi & welcome,

We recently bought our 1st motorhome after years of 'tugging' and wonder why we didn't do it years ago - so much so, we have been away every weekend. We also have a dog (Weimaraner) so wanted the ability to wild camp as found sites were charging crazy prices for him.

Good luck in your impending purchase, you won't regret it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome - some of us don't have a motorhome or a caravan at the moment !

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi welcome to the forum, we have gone back the other way,we find we have much more room with the caravan and awning, when we went away for more than a few days the wife would drive her car, to us your holiday starts from when you leave home, I could have towed the car on the m/h,then no difference from towing the caravan, 60 miles per hour unless lower speed limit, no towing in the outside lane on the motorway, trice the fuel bill. good luck Tony

OP
OP
jg147

jg147

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
new
We have done it

We have taken the plunge this weekend and bought a Swift Kon Tiki 645 08 plate with 3k miles. Oh I hope we have done the right thing!:ROFLMAO:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
We have done it.

Now the FUN starts :ROFLMAO:

Happy days ahead!!!