Hi,

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by zenhamsterlid, Feb 17, 2016.

1. zenhamsterlid

zenhamsterlid Read Only Funster

Hi, just joined the forum as we are thinking about changing from caravan to motorhome. Been in a caravan for almost 30 years, so a big change for us.

Looking for tips regarding buying and using a motothome

2. Baycott

Baycott Funster

We changed 4 years ago and haven't looked back. It was the best move we could make. I hope you find the same (y)(y)
    Welcome bye the way ;)

3. bonniechris

bonniechris Funster

4. swidy

swidy Funster

:)Hi and welcome, we also changed about 6 years ago, we loved caravanning and we love motorhoming both have there own quality's, it all depends how you use them.

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi, I'm sure you'll love the spontaneity and the ease of touring. Most people report that they use a motorhome 5 times as much as they used their caravan, nipping away for a weekend or even a night is so easy. As for the habitation systems inside, they are much the same as you've used in your caravans so the learning curve won't be too steep. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun, ask away if you have any questions (y)

6. buttons

buttons Funster

Hi and welcome........(y)

7. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

:welcome4: We too changed from a caravan which sat on the drive for 95% of the time. I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra freedom a motorhome brings.

8. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

Hi & :welcomesign:

9. Brightonian

Brightonian Funster

Hi & Welcome from another newbie:)

10. ianandkath

ianandkath Funster

:welcome3:the bigger the better i say, but just make sure its the right one for you

11. sedge

sedge Funster

Hiya - @Jim our glorious Leader, whose name be praised etc etc - offers a 'Motorhome Buyers Guide' for sale.

Click on 'Quick Links' then 'Jim's' shop and there it is, amongst other goodies.

We were VERY definite that we didn't want a fixed bed, so we didn't have one in the first Moho. However in our second one what do we have? LOL I still don't want it really, still think they are a waste of space but it certainly does solve the problems I had with the overcab. 1) the aluminium ladder rungs hurt my feet when I had to get up to use the loo in the middle of the night 2) because of where the ladder fitted and the half wall behind the front passenger seat it had to go in the middle of the width of the van. To remove it to open the bathroom door was easy however it's dark of course and I'm trying not to wake my husband up so it was impossible to see where you hook it on. A couple of times it was only properly on one side, and I fell sideways backwards into the corner of the kitchen worktop. Oww. So - we decided to leave the bathroom door wide open whilst we were in bed. In very hot weather I'm afraid there could sometimes be toilet smells emanating into the van, and of course 'hot' air rises! Staying on Moho aires in France with no emptying facilities means that it always gets worse ... If you sleep right through all might almost every night then of course all that jazz won't be a problem. 3) not possible to actually sit up in bed for ANY reason as too close to the roof.

The new one solves all those probs but we still don't have any handy place reachable from IN bed to put a cup or watch (or your false teeth LOL) AND we now lack any obvious 'lounging area' - other than that bed itself.

Every single van on the market will be a compromise in some way or another - what I find a pain, others wouldn't. What you find a pain maybe I wouldn't - who knows, until you try them out?

12. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

A warm :welc: from a bitterly cold and wet Yorkshire.