zenhamsterlid

Free Member
Feb 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi, just joined the forum as we are thinking about changing from caravan to motorhome. Been in a caravan for almost 30 years, so a big change for us.

Looking for tips regarding buying and using a motothome

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We changed 4 years ago and haven't looked back. It was the best move we could make. I hope you find the same (y)(y)
Welcome bye the way ;)

swidy

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
wakefield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
:)Hi and welcome, we also changed about 6 years ago, we loved caravanning and we love motorhoming both have there own quality's, it all depends how you use them.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, I'm sure you'll love the spontaneity and the ease of touring. Most people report that they use a motorhome 5 times as much as they used their caravan, nipping away for a weekend or even a night is so easy. As for the habitation systems inside, they are much the same as you've used in your caravans so the learning curve won't be too steep. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun, ask away if you have any questions (y)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome4: We too changed from a caravan which sat on the drive for 95% of the time. I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra freedom a motorhome brings.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hiya - @Jim our glorious Leader, whose name be praised etc etc - offers a 'Motorhome Buyers Guide' for sale.

Click on 'Quick Links' then 'Jim's' shop and there it is, amongst other goodies.

We were VERY definite that we didn't want a fixed bed, so we didn't have one in the first Moho. However in our second one what do we have? LOL I still don't want it really, still think they are a waste of space but it certainly does solve the problems I had with the overcab. 1) the aluminium ladder rungs hurt my feet when I had to get up to use the loo in the middle of the night 2) because of where the ladder fitted and the half wall behind the front passenger seat it had to go in the middle of the width of the van. To remove it to open the bathroom door was easy however it's dark of course and I'm trying not to wake my husband up so it was impossible to see where you hook it on. A couple of times it was only properly on one side, and I fell sideways backwards into the corner of the kitchen worktop. Oww. So - we decided to leave the bathroom door wide open whilst we were in bed. In very hot weather I'm afraid there could sometimes be toilet smells emanating into the van, and of course 'hot' air rises! Staying on Moho aires in France with no emptying facilities means that it always gets worse ... If you sleep right through all might almost every night then of course all that jazz won't be a problem. 3) not possible to actually sit up in bed for ANY reason as too close to the roof.

The new one solves all those probs but we still don't have any handy place reachable from IN bed to put a cup or watch (or your false teeth LOL) AND we now lack any obvious 'lounging area' - other than that bed itself.

Every single van on the market will be a compromise in some way or another - what I find a pain, others wouldn't. What you find a pain maybe I wouldn't - who knows, until you try them out?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back