Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Truro
Funster No
MH
1999 Chevy motorhome 30ft
Exp
My names Al.

Hi. Ive Knowingly bought a waterdamaged American RV, with the intention of fully refurbing it. Im currently at the stage where Ive entirely removed the aluminium roof and all the rotten timber and insulation, also i have completely gutted the interior. Im looking for a forum where I can ask technical questions about a variety of things from Glues to heating etc.. Can anyone advise me if this site is a good place for these subjects. Thanks.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi Al.
Welcome to the Fun. There are certainly loads on here who can give advice and perhaps some expertise although many may be away in their vans at this time of year. Be patient, someone will help if you ask the right questions. Good luck with the project. Meanwhile, trawl through the threads, the questions may have been asked and answered already.
Pete :smiley:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome (y) You will get all the help/advice you need on here (y)The SBMCC is also a good source but I think you wait a little longer for answers and because you wait you sometimes get the correct.better answer after you have done the job :D
There is a wealth of knowledgeable people on here who have been and done it and got the T shirt -It's up to you to decide if you take notice but you won't go far wrong on here :LOL:Glue wise use http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p67949
this will stick and seal almost anything to anything and is quite cheap when compared to Sikaflex ;):D
terry

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you go that way my friend, it'll be the best ÂŁ10 you have ever spent, the advice on here, about anything!! is world class!(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi and welcome to the madhouse :welc:
This is the perfect forum for advice and friendly banter.
Ask specific questions and you will receive answers.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y).there is quite a few members on here that have RV,s but try the sister site The RV Owners Club.just google RVOC.Good luck with your project.
Brian & Jo

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Hello and welcome :)

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
:welc: THE BEST PLACE FOR ADVICE,HELP and general/genuine comraderie

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to fun, will be really interesting to see your progress, be good if you could do a thread on it, so you can ask questions as you go along and we can watch your progress, exciting progress. :welc:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Al and welcome to the Fun!:welc::party:

Can't think of any questions regarding refurbishment of motorhomes/rv that can't be answered by the Funsters!(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Al, come and join us as a full member ... you will get all the advice you want, all the company you want, or peace and quiet, you will get laughter, empathy ... you name it and you will get it... Welcome. :)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hello welcome to fun, will be really interesting to see your progress, be good if you could do a thread on it, so you can ask questions as you go along and we can watch your progress, exciting progress. :welc:

Building or as in your case re-building is one of the most enjoyable tasks I can think of. Taking on a full blown RV with its problems indicates that you already have some experience in tackling such a mammoth task. There is , as I am sure you know, a Haynes Manual which includes contacts for various materials and indicates a wide selection of processes that you will encounter. I have met and looked over several DIY RV's which often ended up being kitted out with domestic (heavy) appliances. The better ones stuck it out with sophisticated fittings that were appropriate for Motorhome use and completed with trim to match. I have built two on a smaller scale than you but a long time ago; I loved the sense of achievement. Good Luck! Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back