hi, were sam & joe & ralphs in the photo (1 Viewer)

ralphman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
pevensey bay
Funster No
MH
hymer b544
Exp
4 years
hi evry1 , weve just bought a fiat ducato 1983 maxi motorhome unfortunately on our 1st trip (we got 3 miles):Eeek: before the engine mounts snapped ! so we limped home to collect the tent & jeep as we were going to a festival. as this engine has other problems i.e starter motor , crack in a housing were thinking moneywise & timewise it wld be better to get a recon engine & start afresh, which my search for one led me to this site, i still haven't found one ( well i did but they wanted
£2200 :ROFLMAO:) so if anyone has any ideas or contacts this wld be most useful to us
thanks in advance sam & joe

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Sam & Joe, what an unfortunate start to motorhoming. Lets hope you can get her fixed up quickly. Meanwhile welcome to the Fun:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, google Fiat breakers and see whats about engine wise although a second hand starter motor would be a lot cheaper!

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
( well i did but they wanted
£2200 :ROFLMAO:) so if anyone has any ideas or contacts this wld be most useful to us
thanks in advance sam & joe

Ouch. Well as the saying goes "it can only get better".

But don't think you were badly done to, one guy on here, relatively new Merc MH, blew his motor in France and forked out £11K for a new one.

Back to you, there must be a load of Fiats of that model in breakers and the probably reason for scrapping will be that the rust no longer holds the engine in place, so keep hunting.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun. I would take it back where you got it from, failing that remove the engine and take it to an engine reconditioners. do a scrapyard search for the startermotor. Or maybe put a wanted ad on EBAY. I have a 1971 tax exempt transit CI going cheap (with a recent decent engine) hee hee

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Hi sam& joe :welcome: sorry to here about your bad luck,i am sure their will be someone
on here who can help you out.:thumb:

regards
bald eagle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi & Welcome :thumb:
If you look through Ebay, there's afew donor vehicles, hope you get sorted and back on the road soon :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back