Hi to everyone, from David, Alma, Millie the Dog and Eva, our Rapido 891M (1 Viewer)

The DATeam

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Just joined, after months of reading all of your news and forums we felt that we have to join the fun. Have been Tuggers (hope spell check doesn't auto-correct) for more years than can remember. Motorhomers for eighteen months, and really enjoying the change. First things first, we feel we need to 'come out'. We use CC sites (like the Wardens), C&CC sites and small commercial sites. Use Thetford Green in the loo, We don't watch television, so no satellite dish, or even an aerial on the roof. No solar panels, inverters or any other electrical gizmos that didn't come as standard. Our Rapido 891M (last one built on a Mercedes chassis) is our first motorhome, and after a lot of research, and a lot of nights away in Her we know we got it right first time. She's perfect. We have no awnings, fixed or drive away. No tow hook to tow a trailer for a car, motorcycle, bicycles or A frame. No fitted bicycle rack. No under-slung gas tanks, hands up we still use Calor Lite Bottles. No barbecue, so no external gas points, or external electrical points. Having had a large German Hymer caravan, which had numerous faults and design faults, and now a French Rapido Motorhome, which in all honesty, should have never left the factory with the fault it had, but that's another story, we cannot subscribe to the opinion that 'Continental made is best'.

With all of that said, Hi Folks and looking forward to the news.

PS We have a spare wheel!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hello and welcome...!!

No need to feel you have to 'come out'.... everyone has their own take on what they need/want. We're the opposite to you but each to their own!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Love your comments may not have or want the extras but you will have a fantastic payload! And I'm sure you have just as much fun ! Mustnt let my OH read your thread or he will empty our MH of all my extra essentials that I need but don't use!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to fun, well at least you have the best accessory, you are now a Funster :welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello.
girl-waving-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

That was an introduction!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Just think of the weight of that spare wheel!
Anyway, welcome, I don't think there are any vans without faults of one sort or another, at least we are all here to help each other and get them sorted out.
I'm sure a few more weeks on here and your extras list will start to grow......

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi David and crew , welcome to the forum , im waiting on delivery of my rapido 9000dfh , we have opted for loads of gadgets as we are intending to take a year out

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome from us 2 to MHF:smiley:
Brian & Jo

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
and now a French Rapido Motorhome, which in all honesty, should have never left the factory with the fault it had, but that's another story, we cannot subscribe to the opinion that 'Continental made is best'.

With all of that said, Hi Folks and looking forward to the news.

PS We have a spare wheel!

Welcome David, Alma, Millie the dog and Eva.
I see Millie comes before Eva - not sure if Eva is human or animal:ROFLMAO:

My first MH, a Rapido 948M, had many faults, one of which was a fridge freezer incorrectly installed which would not get cold enough for the freezer to work. I know this for a fact as I had installation diagrams showing how to install it properly. Ours had a huge void above the F/F which prevented the smooth flow of air. It was also not sealed around the F/F and a gale would blow in from outside the van when it was windy!
One expert - not sure if he was from Rapido or Dometic - suggested the the F/F was probably made for northern Europe and so was not equipped to cope with hotter southern European conditions:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The Sprinter base unit was fabulous!
Mike and Annie

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Welcome indeed.

You will have a lot of fun with the M/H and, with an introduction like that, I'm sure we will read many more of your postings.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back