Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Hi as a newbie i would just like to say hello to everybody. I have had my motorhome for approx 16 months now and loved every moment. travelled to france last year in august on stopped on aires and a camp site for a few days at saint paul de leon. planning to go to germany this year, had caravans for a few years before purchasing the motorhome. wow what a difference the fredom is great. only had 1 slight problem with the motorhome. which is a hymer starline c640 on mercedes sprinter chassis coach built. The main beam stopped working checked the bulbs all ok checked for any loose connections all ok. so time for the old trusty fluke multimeter to come out of my work car. a quick check confirmed no power at two fuses in the fusebox under the steering column. removed the fusebox and noticed at some point someone had the fusebox out to install a wire for the back light on the radio. suspect that they didn't refit properly. cleaned up all the spade type connectors and refitted the fusebox. hey presto. hymer fully operational again for my next adventure.

anyway best regards to everyone have fun tony.:thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcome::welcome: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Chipsie & welcome to MotorhomeFun ::bigsmile:

flyingwelcome

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hey presto. hymer fully operational again for my next adventure.
:thumb:

Result !

I was waiting for the alternative ending: "So it turned out a canbus module had malfunctioned which had scrambled some of the data in the management computer so I need to buy a new computer £4755 plus all new keys £2222 six canbus module £1275 and an engineer flies out from Germany to install them £795 a day plus all expenses."

Who's a lucky boy then :Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi chipspie:coolthumb:flyingwelcome:wine:....................Mel:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Result !

I was waiting for the alternative ending: "So it turned out a canbus module had malfunctioned which had scrambled some of the data in the management computer so I need to buy a new computer £4755 plus all new keys £2222 six canbus module £1275 and an engineer flies out from Germany to install them £795 a day plus all expenses."

Who's a lucky boy then :Smile:
Merc man for £795 a day in yer dreams::bigsmile:
ps Your about 3 shillings out on parts prices too, must try and keep current Brian
pps Well done that man with the meter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back