Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
will be soon?
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and am looking for some advice, already! Hope you can help? As a 50 yr old single woman with a dog, am I mad to be thinking about motor homing full time? I have no dependents (apart from the dog) as the kids are all grown and flown and have some money from the sale of my house. Have just given up my teaching job to relocate away from London but don't know where to go. I thought touring for a year (or more) may be a good way to find a place to settle. I am also an artist and would like to take some time out to do my own work. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would love to hear them if you have...looking forward to hearing from you...Tish.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome Tish, I think thats probably the most perfect way to find out what you want to do and were you want to end up. I say go for it, what have you got to lose:thumb:

Plenty of solo funsters on here and plenty of full timers too, in fact I think we have a dedicated solo sub forum HERE

I'm sure we have plenty of artists, (of all types:drink:) on here::bigsmile:

Any advice just ask away:thumb:

Ps. Our dogs love the van I guess cos its the loads of new walks:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Plenty of ladies solo camp, if your thinking of full timing then the 365 club would give you the best info, including info on the pitfalls with regard to having no permanent address (for insurance,tax etc)

http://www.motorhome365.com/

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Tish and welcome to Fun, are you mad definitely not, what a amazing freedom it will give you to tour around the UK and Europe in your own time, to find where you want to be who knows you could do it for years many do, just ask as many questions as you want, there is a lot of knowledge on here and motorhomers are always willing to share. Enjoy and Good Luck.

OP
OP
T

tish

Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
will be soon?
Thank you!

Hi all,

thank you for all your encouraging replies. :Smile:I will certainly investigate further... :coolthumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back