Hi , new to this , looking to buy and off to the motorshow ! (1 Viewer)

barwik

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
dont own one - yet !
Exp
Hi all ,
Kids are grown up , we have a bit more time available so were looking at buying a motorhome . we have been looking at 2nd hand and new ones ( 2nd hand but only a couple of years old ) , looking forward to the motorshow in a couple of weeks to completely blow our minds as to just how many options there are .
so i'll keep reading the usefull info available on here and if we find something we can both agree on i'll post it on here
thanks .
john

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome. Good luck in your search. Just remember three things and you will be OK - Layout, Layout, Layout.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:welc: Lots of help on here!
Visit the shows but they are full of glitzy new vans all blinged up so try not to get swayed without trying them out . as in laying on the bed ,sitting on the loo ,making an imaginary meal etc to get the feel of the van layout.
We've always bought 2 nd Hand as the extras have often been on by the previous owner, and like a new car a MH depreciates as soon as you drive it off the forecourt!
Try to have a test drive before buying it too !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

OP
OP
barwik

barwik

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
dont own one - yet !
Exp
Thanks everyone , much appreciated , we went to marquis to look at new ones , spoke to a couple of owners selling 2nd and ones but I'm really trying hard not to get carried away so that's why I'm waiting to look around the nec motorshow , perhaps hoping for a bargin !! - maybe a 40-50% discount !! - yea I know it aint gonna happen ....... then we hope at least we will no what we want - a little more accurately .
bessica's look nice , mota-trek look great but read quite a few very poor reviews so shying away from them .
regards john

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Have a look round them all at the NEC. Some on here choose European rather than British motorhomes. They are sometimes a bit more expensive so you pay your money and take your choice. But all the major players from home and abroad will be at the NEC.

However if you are expecting that level of discount on new prices you will have to be buying second hand. Usually motorhomes do not depreciate any where near as fast as cars.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back