hi just to say hello and seek portsmouth info (1 Viewer)

malrider

Free Member
May 12, 2012
CARDIFF
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
since a child
Hi new here it looks very interesting, can anybody help with this my wife and I are booked on the Portsmouth to Cherberg ferry in September and we need to check in at 0800hrs as we are travelling from wales can anybody suggest a sutable site or parking place that we can leave early to catch ferry. cheers les

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
campsite near portsmouth

Hi
Google SUNNYDALE FARM campsite it is only about 10 mins away .
We stayed last december on route to portsmouth for ferry. Hardstanding pitches new loo block and easy access.
Have a great trip!!!:Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi you can park on the ferry terminal overnight , either in the lanes or round the sides , we did this , this year with plenty of others, If you do park in the lanes make sure your up early otherwise you might hold the line up lol , Pete

Ps we stopped last year at Drovelee cl had to get towed due to uphill grass pitches .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi new here it looks very interesting, can anybody help with this my wife and I are booked on the Portsmouth to Cherberg ferry in September and we need to check in at 0800hrs as we are travelling from wales can anybody suggest a sutable site or parking place that we can leave early to catch ferry. cheers les

Welcome to the forums and thanks for asking this question! I was just about to ask the same - we're taking the ferry from Portsmouth next week, travelling from N. Wales and arriving late in Portsmouth so any advice would be welcome.
Happy travels,
John :thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Welcome to the forums and thanks for asking this question! I was just about to ask the same - we're taking the ferry from Portsmouth next week, travelling from N. Wales and arriving late in Portsmouth so any advice would be welcome.
Happy travels,
John :thumb:

Hi John
Just park on the docks has inky last reply , ts ok there. Pete :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back