Free Member
Mar 23, 2017
norwich
Funster No
MH
FIAT GALAXY
Exp
IM A NEWBIE!!!
hi everyone were going to france this year were hiring from a local dealer a 6 berth fiat were heading down to the south of france any good campsites along the way and also when were down there? be gratefully received!!

kind regards

OP
OP
jonathan

jonathan

Free Member
Mar 23, 2017
norwich
Funster No
MH
FIAT GALAXY
Exp
IM A NEWBIE!!!
thanks i dreading it to be honest as not sure on best way down any ideas

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

I can understand the nervousness before your first trip but once you get there you will be surprised at how much easier motorhoming is there. Wherever you go you can use the motorhome (campingcar) aires which are either free or a few euros. You will not be greeted by the yellow lines and height barriers wherever you go and you will be made welcome. Do not get stressed unnecesarily.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

Have a rummage in this section of MHF - it has loads of info.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/france.275/

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & :pink:. Great idea to hire - is it just for this trip or to see if you want to buy your own?

There is loads and loads of info on this site & usually someone around all the time if you get stuck.

It might be a good idea to join properly though & pay the £15 subs for a year - this will give you access to the whole site, otherwise you'll be restricted to 5 free posts. You'll also be entitled to discounts from some traders

Happy travels
:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
When are you going? If it is outside July and August get the ACSI card and books. It will list lots of sites you can use at a discount. The same sites are still open in the peak season of course, but you will peak season rates.
The CamperContact app will list lots of Aires and some sites, there are other apps you can use or get All the Aires France from Vicarious Books, who also stock ACSI.
:)

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
If you become a member you can get lots of help and chances are you will not be far from onother funster when you are on your travels in France .I think you will find you will soon get used to the roads .I find it easier to drive in France rather than the UK just take your time and enjoy lol

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hi and welcome

A few of us know quite a few aires and campsites in Southern France and the main ways down, (between us I think it would be fair to say all of them) but in order to advise best you would probably be better off starting another thread in Beginner or Motorhome Chat. As previously said you only get 5 posts before you have pay £15.00
Dont worry about the money we ll save that for you in the first sentence.
In order to best advise, how many, are there children, ages, taking bikes, do you swim, mountains or lakes or both, Provence, Camargue, Languedoc, inland or med or Atlantic, whereabouts are you hiring from ? how long for ? time of year (may need to be very precise here). Choose a figure between £0 and £1,000 that you would like to spend on your sleeping arrangements. (yes you read that right) Solar panels, gas or coal bbq, driveaway awning or safari room or nothing ? Satnav or map or maps.me? All the aires or Campercontact ?
Once we know that and a few more things we can then advise on the type of van you would want.

The beauty of this site, is you will get 5 different types of answers to yes or no questions but nobody really falls out unless youre talking about a generator or towing an A frame. You can then pick the answer that suits you best (go for the safari chef cadac - its the best one) within any subject. We will give you coordinates, hints and tips to get round Rouen so you dont take your roof off, unbelievable viewpoints, photographs, free vineyards, expensive vineyards, best places to buy sausages or foie gras, and after all that we will tell you who is going to win the Grand National and what Theres May has done wrong and what she should do. Donald Trump gets a mention now and again.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome4:to Fun, another member form Norfolk. (y)

Plenty of good advice already but without wishing to throw a spanner in the works I get alarmed when I read of 5 or 6 berth vans and the follow on about payloads. How many are you and is there sufficient margin between what used to be called kerbside weight and the weight on the road with fuel, water, food and of course passengers. Plenty of recent threads on Fun on the subject. Dealers are usually indifferent and I suspect rental firms are the same. Just saying! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back