Hi Im sharon and new to motorhome fun (1 Viewer)

S

shazhny

Deleted User
We are hoping to go on hols next week in our motorhome (swift bolero) and wondered if anyone knows a good route in germany (pref rhine). thanks

Boadicea

Free Member
Mar 1, 2008
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are hoping to go on hols next week in our motorhome (swift bolero) and wondered if anyone knows a good route in germany (pref rhine). thanks

Hiya, sorry can't help you there, but hello anyway. I'm sure someone will know.:Smile:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp

Hi and welcome to the house of fun.
take a look at Link Removed and a good route planner for europe try
Link Removed We are thinking of Germany next month around the Koblensk area for the Rhine :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hello hope you like fun. i go to luxembourg n follow the mosel river to koblez. if you like m,bikes cochem is the place to be on a sunday. found lots of free /wild camp places on way . i hope you enjoy yourselves .any room for me i love it over there. cheers alan.

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have been going to Germany in a M'home for the past 12 years and have explored most of it's regions.

I agree with the above - take a look at Link Removed where you can input your interests and dates you are there to see what is going on.

You don't say how long you are staying or what sort of things you like to see / do. But if you are in Germany in Sept there are a great many wine festivals on both the Rhine and Mosel. At the end of Aug beginning of Sept is the Dusseldorf M/home show (a pilgrimage every M/homer should make at least once).

The Mosel is quieter in that the Rhine has a road and rail both sides of it and what with the barge traffic camping close to it can be a bit noisy at night.

Basically though get a map of Germany and throw a dart at it and you won't be far away from a great place to visit.:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Sharon, Welcome to the fun. :thumb: Have a great trip, don't forget to come back here and tell us all about it. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Sharon, and welcome to Fun. :Smile:

We are touring Germany again this September, and having done the Dusseldorf Caravan Salon,(a must), we are doing the Munich Beer Festival this time round.
We wanted to visit the Rhine are in 2007, but the Germans advised against it saying that the Mosel was by far the better option. It was beautiful, and we travelled all the way down to Luxembourg, before heading back.

Good luck with the trip next week.

Safe travels,

Jock & Rita.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging