Hi I'm new

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hudders1, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Hudders1

Hudders1 Read Only Funster

Hi I'm new. I don't have a camper but been looking for one but with no luck and I'm now fed up with gumtree etc two many conmen on there.

2. Mel

Mel Funster

Welcome to motorhome fun.

Best thing you can do is join this site £10 per year.
    There is so much information from so many thats its a must if you are looking for a motorhome.

There are some nice motorhomes for sale.
    You might be beter of at a dealer OK you pay a bit more but can go back with it .

Not all dealers are bad.

Hope you find what you waht .

Dont give up and try to buy the layout you want from the start.

Once again Welcome

Mel

3. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Hi and welcome to fun

The motorhome show at Lincoln is next weekend why not come along xxxxxx

It does get extremely frustrating seeing all the cons out there, but there are some genuine sellers and decent vehicles to be had.

Keep looking and good luck

4. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Hello, good luck with your search, hope you find what you want :thumb:

5. simbadog

simbadog Funster

6. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Hello and welcome Hudders1 to the site, look forward to your posts and enjoy being a member, also join up for £10 and become a fully subscribed member and it will be the best £10 you will ever spend, as there is a wealth of information on here probably the best in the UK, WHy not come along and visit the Lincoln show next weekend, loads of motorhomes and stuff for sale there to, and you can come and meet some of the crown on here at our site on Lincoln, you will be made very welcome,:thumb: Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

7. Hudders1

Thanks for the welcome. I'm very frustrated at the moment as I have had no luck yet in finding a campervan but will keep looking

8. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

As you are only in Huddersfield have a drive down to Richard Baldwin Motorhomes in Copley Halifax link here http://www.rbm.co.uk and have a look at their stock no pressure salesmen all stock browsable ..... As others have said welcome to MHF (the best on the web) and Lincoln show next weekend (only an hour and a half from Huddersfield) I think Jim will be there with the MHF stand..call in have a chat THERE ARE SURE TO BE SOME FUNSTERS AT THE SHOW AND BECOME A FULLY PAID UP MEMBER ON HERE IT ALL MAKES SENSE..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  9. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello and Welcome to Motorhome Fun , don't get frustrated, take a deep breath list what you want from a camper, work out your budget, and start asking questions on Fun, no telling were it may lead, good luck.

10. Viennese

Viennese Funster

If you're going to Richard Baldwin, call in on WildAx in Eastgate, Elland on the way - Duncan Wildman converts Citroen Relay/Renault Master/Fiat Ducato panel vans, new (or low mileage ones up to 4 years old), and also sells Motorhomes which have come in part exchange against his conversions (nice looking IH on his web site at present). WildAx will be at the Lincoln Show next weekend...

There is also a smaller van converter in Hudds, Wellhouse, however their vans may be too small - you didn't say what you wanted or how much you want to spend.

You should buy our great leader Jim's book - see http://www.motorhome-buyers-guide.com/

Best of luck

Catherine (ex-Huddersfield)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Hudders1

Hi thanks for the advice. I'm after 4 Berth as we have two young boys. I don't want to go to mad regarding what I want to spend as its our first camper. Just need to keep looking

Thanks

12. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome Hudders1 --never pay anything on the promise they will deliver :thumb:Only part with your money after checking it ALL out :thumb: Layout is the single most important thing when buying,you need to make sure it suits your needs.Dinettes can be very uncomfortable to sit at/in after you have eaten -for us it's feet up lounging :Smile:
    Without being too nosey if you tell us your budget we may well be able to find you a van that won't break the bank and still be worth most of what you paid in a fe yrs time :thumb:Obviosly you would have to check it out but we can advise on what keeps its value well
    this is one but I am pretty sure they bought it a couple of weeks ago for around 7k :Wink:http://motorhomes.autotrader.co.uk/...868b5746/makemodel/make/niesmann-and-bischoff
    terry
    edit heres another http://motorhomes.autotrader.co.uk/...aeb80140e9750b933883/makemodel/make/dethleffs

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hudders1

Hi my limit is 6k low I know sorry but I just don't want any finance at the moment.

14. daisy mae

daisy mae Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome, good luck with your search, I am searching for the next size up from the one I have, not having any luck there, it is very frustrating I know, I do know the model I want, they are just not available at the moment, sell as soon as the dealers get one in, and before I can get to view.

From previous threads as I understand it the best time to buy is about Christmas, when the prices drop, and if lucky you may pick up a good deal, I am going to Lincoln to see what and if anything is there for me. Do a thorough search at the models and layouts that suit you and go from there, your children will think its a great adventure. :thumb:

15. Terry

Terry Funster

No probs I will keep an eye open and if I spot anything that sounds/looks good value I will post a link :Smile:
    Terry

• Like Like x 2
  16. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Maybe post up what your looking for.. It can be surprising what others can find on web searches that you never seem to..... There are a few vans liste don my facebook site, I can look there for you..

• Like Like x 1
  17. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Listed on my facebook site..
    FORD TRANSIT 2.5DI COMPASS DRIFTER 1990 IMMACULATE FOR YEAR EVERYTHING WORKS,HOT COLD RUNNING WATER SHOWER FLUSH TOILET SOUGHT AFTER U SHAPED REAR LOUNGE,WARDROBE LOTS OF CUPBOARD SPACE,FEW DINGS N PINGS AGE RELATED VERY VERY CLEAN FOR YEAR,ALL WATER TANKS ON BOARD LOOKS NEARLY NEW INSIDE £6250 ONO.... 07743005596
    Location I think is Skegness.. Not That far from Lincoln...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/610527115641833/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  18. Hudders1

Thanks allot terry

19. Hudders1

Thanks allot everyone I'm so glad I have joined this forum will make getting and owning camper more fun

Mark

20. Terry

Terry Funster