Hi Im new to all this - help required

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rockchickshaz, May 12, 2012.

1. rockchickshaz

rockchickshaz Read Only Funster

Hi everyone - I am hoping to buy a Romahome shortly, the idea being is to have long weekends away stopping off at places to take photos chill out just basically to see the UK without the hassle of booking B&b. Im in north west london and need to see the coast more, my question is where do I find details of where I can park the campervan overnight, i know i can't park anywhere is there a website where I can look places up before I go. I did google search but nothing suitable came up. Are there any other rules I need to know about, mainly i am concerned about where to park it, if i can use ordinary car parks etc. Can I just stop somewhere and start cooking! Any help and advice would be much appreciated. Cheers:Cool:

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Welcome to Fun Rockchick, just Subscribe << here and lots more info is available to members

Peter

3. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Hello and welcome. It sounds like you are in for a lovely time travelling about and taking photos and just generally enjoying what the country has to offer.

You are right about not being able to just park up anywhere and set up camp. However it seems to be a bit difficult to come up with hard facts about this. Usually it is up to local councils who determine policy about restrictions. With a Romahome you'll be less restricted than full size motorhomes. I am sure that you will be given more detailed info by others on here.

I have to agree with Peter (JCM) about subscribing. We're a friendly bunch and you will get loads of useful information from other members.

Wyn

4. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome :thumb:It is more a case of using common sense -lay-bys and car parks where you are not going to upset people :thumb:It will not take long for you to pick up on where you can/not park.Lots of pubs will let you park overnight if you buy a beer or two.Nothing to stop you parking just off road just make sure you leave the place as you found it.You will get away with a one night stop just about anywhere
    terry

5. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

welcome from us also

A warm welcome from us as well.. well worth subscribing tot he site.. then you have a continued access to all the infer you will need... other wise you get 5 posts and then you can only watch and read about all the fun and information you may need.

Great group...

Bob, Sue & Ezzie the St Bernard.:Wink::Wink:

6. f6c

f6c Funster

welcome

Welcome aboard:Wink:

7. Gran & Rog

Gran & Rog Funster

Hello, welcome to FUN

8. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

welcome