Hi im dennis ex military 22 years (retired) (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome from us two too.
I'm with everyone else , get her on a driving course . I don't drive our MH. Well very rarely. Only cos Ralph always wants to. But once the new pvc is finished , I'm going to drive it as much as I can. I'm also going to learn what all the knobs and buttons etc in the cab area are for too. All the tv satellite things even the loo changing. :sick:Start as I meen to go on.

Can I be a bit forward and ask , are you confident with her driving it ?
Or is she lacking confidence because you aren't ?
My MIL had all the confidence knocked out if her with FIL constant chipping in. Now refuses to drive full stop.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its all about doing it the more you say you cant the harder it becomes, welcome to fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Unless there's some physical reason for your wife's inability to drive your campervan, if she wants to drive it she will be able to drive it.

I went overnight from driving a Honda Jazz to driving an 8.3m motorhome. Yes, at first it was a bit scary but I wanted to drive it and therefore I did. I would add that at the time I was a solo female and drove over 150 miles in it back from the dealer - including motorways and a 5-point turn to get out of a tricky filling station! Basically if you want to do something you just get on and do it. :wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back