hi i would like to introduce my husband and my self (1 Viewer)

wanaberv

Free Member
Sep 8, 2010
somerset
Funster No
Hello, our names are Martin and Dee we have been caravaners for some 11 years now and we are looking to becoming full timers.
we have been thinking of buying a 38-40ft , can any one advise on the rules of importing our own and how to go about it , or would you advise we buy one that has already been imported.
we are also looking to be working whilst traveling ie; relief camp site,house guards and pub relief but to name a few any sugestions would be helpfull:thumb:
also what sort of problems has any one encounterd in uk travaling,

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hello, our names are Martin and Dee we have been caravaners for some 11 years now and we are looking to becoming full timers.
we have been thinking of buying a 38-40ft , can any one advise on the rules of importing our own and how to go about it , or would you advise we buy one that has already been imported.
we are also looking to be working whilst traveling ie; relief camp site,house guards and pub relief but to name a few any sugestions would be helpfull:thumb:
also what sort of problems has any one encounterd in uk travaling,

Hi and welcome, sorry, can't assist with importing..

there is a wealth of knowledge on full timing in the forum , please read, there is a lot of very good advice http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/full-timers/

Having been a full timer using a 36ft RV I would advise on something a bit smaller than your planning, many sites won't accept anything bigger than 28ft .. this could also restrict the number of site jobs open to you.

If I were doing it again I would keep the length to under 30ft and have two slides.. this will get into the vast majority of sites and be a lot easier to manoeuvre.

Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi and welcome.:welcomefunster:

If you are looking to buy now you will find lots of bargains here and at present it is cheaper than importing and converting unless you are buying new.

please feel free to PM me and I can go through the ins and outs of importing so you can make your own decision.

All the best Rick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Martin and Dee :welcome: to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:::bigsmile:

flyingwelcome

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Martin and Dee,

For travelling around the UK I would reccomend you stayed under 30/32 foot, I know that 30ft looks tiny when you have spent time looking inside 40 footers, but that extra length will restrict you when you are finding places to pitch, and a well designed 30footer can give you just a many facilities as a poorly designed 40, plenty of which just give oodles of unused blank empty space. People do tour in large RVs but there is a big difference between planning holidays and trips away around the size of your motorhome and living full time and going where the work is. A large RV will restrict you, don't let anyone convince you that it wont.

There are more people than you might imagine that full time in a motorhome, so there is lots of experience around here. Welcome to the Fun:thumb:

As for importing, its a hassle you don't need as there are so many used motorhomes around at the moment offering great value. In fact I will have a superb 34ft going up sor sale in around 3 weeks:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back