Free Member
Jun 23, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
VW T4
Exp
Since 2016
Hi guys, new to the forum and camping in general. Over the winter my girlfriend and I have converted out VW T4 to a camper and are planning on spending a month driving down to Croatia in a month or so. Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
hi and welcome, we have drove to Slovenia before didn't quite make it to Croatia

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Hello & a big warm
hiya.gif
to you, have some really happy times in your motorhome.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Any campsite recommendations?

on the way down we stopped at a couple of Stelplats I cant remeber the name of the first one but the second one was Bayern Munich ground, great place to stop with train to city centre in 15 mins.

We stayed at Lake Bled campsite would highly recommend Lake Bled for a day or two, we passed a campsite in Ljubljana but didn't stay there as we stayed at friends. We then went down to the coast at Izola and stopped off at an Aire style stop. We noticed a couple round the town when out walking, from there we headed up to the hills and stayed at Bovec in the campsite on the edge of town again you'll find an Aire at the chair lift on the other side of the town. Stunning little place in my opinion and we went white water rafting certainly well worth it.

If you need more info just ask I should have some more detail at home (on night shift just now) as I'm sure we did a wee family blog of our trip.

OP
OP
D

DannyMontez

Free Member
Jun 23, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
VW T4
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for the welcome guys! Been putting the finishing touches on the van this weekend!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the welcome guys! Been putting the finishing touches on the van this weekend!
Welcome ,:WelcomeFlag:if you subscribe you will have a wealth of help and advice and fun from Funsters ! Best £15 we've spent ,you can keep in contact on your travels! Many ask for sites etc while on their travels.

OP
OP
D

DannyMontez

Free Member
Jun 23, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
VW T4
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for the welcome! I've decided to join so expect loads of questions as we're leaving in 3 weeks and I don't feel that I've really organised anything....

OP
OP
D

DannyMontez

Free Member
Jun 23, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
VW T4
Exp
Since 2016
whats to organise couple of map books sat nav and campsite/aire books and of you go
Haha I have a feeling you might be right! Do you generally book sites or do you just turn up?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back