RocksAndBikes

Free Member
Jan 12, 2015
Redruth
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy soon
Exp
Hi, RocksAndBikes here. Currently trying to get into MH's to buy ASAP and then use when I return to the UK from Easter onwards. Hope you can all offer help. T.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, do you know what your looking for layout wise and budget wise more chance of people offering suggestions when they are informed.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hi R&B and welcome.
You might be interested in joining our local motorhome group when you get back to the UK, we meet monthly in Fourlanes.

OP
OP
R

RocksAndBikes

Free Member
Jan 12, 2015
Redruth
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy soon
Exp
Hi R&B and welcome.
You might be interested in joining our local motorhome group when you get back to the UK, we meet monthly in Fourlanes.
Great offer - thanks count us in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: CWH

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello from Pamie & Nigel in Dorset :hi:

OP
OP
R

RocksAndBikes

Free Member
Jan 12, 2015
Redruth
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy soon
Exp
Hi and welcome, do you know what your looking for layout wise and budget wise more chance of people offering suggestions when they are informed.

Hi and welcome . As lorger has said, a little bit more info re budget and requirements would help.(y)

Hi, thanks for the posts, budget is bottom end - 4500 or there about. Ideally we want 4 berth or more, size is not a problem. More modern diesel engines are preferred. Layout - really like the rear fixed bed with garage underneath but willing to consider other things.

I know it is probably out of our budget but the lower profile roofs would be better. Will consider the "A Class" types (is that the right name? - the ones with fully built bodies and not a vehicle manufacturers cab... Would prefer it to be late 90's or preferably early 00's.

And - I know it is pushing the boat out but a big bathroom too..

I am happy to consider the Hymer A class (?) stlye or the Pilote similar style...

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Many thanks, T.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
unrealistic budget im afraidyou would struggle to find a small van for that budget and in those years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I think for that budget wanting a more modern diesel you will need to look at panel van conversions and quite likely not well known brands either.

Your choice at that budget is to go older or go smaller.

We have a 2 berth panel van conversion lovingly done at home 2 owners ago from salvaged caravan parts and although it is ace it is not the sort of thing you describe above. Ours was 2k but we searched high and low to get one that price

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

As said above for a Hymer or Pilote you won't find one at that price.... even a vintage or classic.

You may be able to get a derelict and rebuild if necessary.

Motorhomes keep their price and the demand always outstrips supply - or so it seems, until you want to sell of course!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back