Free Member
Mar 22, 2013
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi!
The Newbies have just picked up there first motorhome (2004 Autocruise Starblazer) on 23rd of March 2013. ( V excited) Drove it back in the snow from fullers in Nottingham and it has been sitting on our drive while we get all the bits and pieces together.
We spent good friday getting most of the necessities, i.e. cork screw and bottle opener :winky:
Discovered that the Eberspacher heating was not working on Saturday so our first trip to the coast was postponed. Spoke to fullers on the phone and they said bring it back, as it is covered by there warranty. I am taking her back this Saturday so they can diagnose the fault and they are giving me a loan car in the mean time. Good service so far. I noticed on Sunday that the leisure battery is not holding its charge as well :-( I will get the multimeter on the case before Saturday to see where the fault lies.
Can't wait to get away in her.... Just hope that camping in her, will be as enjoyable as the researching and the buying :)

Cheers for now

Mark & Gill

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, glad to see you are getting good service, I'd love an eberspatcher in my van had one in the previous van and maybe should have removed it before selling. do check out the rallies page and the chatroom

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello. I'm sure you'll enjoy being out in your MH far more than researching them :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
Welcome, Mark and Gill.

Does the Vfour800 refer to a VFR by any chance?

OP
OP
Vfour800

Vfour800

Free Member
Mar 22, 2013
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
VFR?

Welcome, Mark and Gill.

Does the Vfour800 refer to a VFR by any chance?

Hi Silver, yes it was my first big bike back in 99. I adopted it for most of the forums. I have had three VFR's in total but the last one an 03 with the VTECH engine I didn't like. Honda should have adopted the ethos: If it ain't broke...... I have CB1000R now, which is a little to refined but great to ride ::bigsmile:
Do you ride?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi and welcome to the fun

Its the best £10.00 you will ever spend.

We are in Hemel and if we can help please let us know

Mike and Sandra:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun,try and get to one of the rallys/meets lots going on. :welcomefunster:

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
Hi Silver, yes it was my first big bike back in 99. I adopted it for most of the forums. I have had three VFR's in total but the last one an 03 with the VTECH engine I didn't like. Honda should have adopted the ethos: If it ain't broke...... I have CB1000R now, which is a little to refined but great to ride ::bigsmile:
Do you ride?

Certainly do. ::bigsmile:

Have an 05 VFR. Some plus points over the previous 800 but heavier on fuel and same performance overall despite the vtech surge on opening the extra valves. Towing the bike up to Scotland next week. Used to have a CB1000R as well. :thumb:

OP
OP
Vfour800

Vfour800

Free Member
Mar 22, 2013
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Certainly do. ::bigsmile:

Have an 05 VFR. Some plus points over the previous 800 but heavier on fuel and same performance overall despite the vtech surge on opening the extra valves. Towing the bike up to Scotland next week. Used to have a CB1000R as well. :thumb:

I agree hole heatedly, I liked the improved handling and looks of the VTECH but could not get on with the eight valves coming in and out. I did my first track day on it at Mallory park and it was a real pain. I sold it not long afterwards and bought an Aprilia Tuono. Absolutely loved it, with bags of character. Unfortunately I crashed it at Oulton park in 2008. It cost a fortune in parts to get it back on the road. :cry:
Have a wicked time in Scotland.
I am off to the Isle of Man TT again this year.
I am also looking at buying a scooter for the MH, as the CB is to heavy to go in the garage. Thinking about a Honda Psx 125. I would like something bigger but the weight goes up very quickly. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back