Free Member
Dec 6, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki
Exp
since 2009
Hi to all – have just signed up. We live in Northern France and have a Swift Kon-tiki motorhome which we bought three seasons ago. Before that we had a caravan, which we brought from the UK 7 years ago and in which we lived whilst looking for a house here.

I have a question that I hope someone can help with. I have tried a number of places including Swift but, although they confirmed the problem I have, they could not give me a complete answer to cure it. For a fellow 2002-2006 Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD Kon-tiki owner, the answer could just be a case of looking under their bonnet!? Here goes – the wire that sends the command signal to Swift’s relays (in that box under the bonnet) is 1-1.5 mm and blue and should be connected to the Alternator warning light circuit. Mine has become disconnected. There are two 1-1.5 mm wires from the alternator that I need to reconnect it to but I am at a loss to know which one. Swift do not keep old wiring diagrams so they cannot help and Fiat say it’s secret unless you are a Fiat engineer. Is it the plain grey/green wire or the grey/green wire with a yellow stripe? The place they join is somewhere close to the battery. Help!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Minto09;513874. said:
Before that we had a caravan, which we brought from the UK 7 years ago and in which we lived whilst looking for a house here.

Hi, welcome .. sorry can't help with the question...

was it a Lunar Twin Axle caravan you bought ?

OP
OP
M

Minto09

Free Member
Dec 6, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki
Exp
since 2009
Good to get a welcome

Hi, The caravan we had was a Sterling Europa. It is a problem in France to have twin axle vans as they are banned on a lot of sites. I believe it is to discourage Gypsies.
cheers Minto09

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi, The caravan we had was a Sterling Europa. It is a problem in France to have twin axle vans as they are banned on a lot of sites. I believe it is to discourage Gypsies.
cheers Minto09

The reason I asked was we sold one to a couple who did as you about the same time.. they had bought land with a lake and were going to build a house..

In several years touring never had any issues getting on French sites .. even those with twin axle restrictions were generally ok when they saw your weren't a gypsy ..

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi to all – have just signed up. We live in Northern France and have a Swift Kon-tiki motorhome which we bought three seasons ago. Before that we had a caravan, which we brought from the UK 7 years ago and in which we lived whilst looking for a house here.

I have a question that I hope someone can help with. I have tried a number of places including Swift but, although they confirmed the problem I have, they could not give me a complete answer to cure it. For a fellow 2002-2006 Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD Kon-tiki owner, the answer could just be a case of looking under their bonnet!? Here goes – the wire that sends the command signal to Swift’s relays (in that box under the bonnet) is 1-1.5 mm and blue and should be connected to the Alternator warning light circuit. Mine has become disconnected. There are two 1-1.5 mm wires from the alternator that I need to reconnect it to but I am at a loss to know which one. Swift do not keep old wiring diagrams so they cannot help and Fiat say it’s secret unless you are a Fiat engineer. Is it the plain grey/green wire or the grey/green wire with a yellow stripe? The place they join is somewhere close to the battery. Help!

Hi.. Minto....try a Pm to John (Pappajohn) as far as I know John had a swift kontiki ,plus he is a electrician and a great bloke if he can help you he will...
Where about's are you in Northern France......

Mel

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Bump

Just putting this thread back on the front page. I have tried to help but do not know anything about electrics.

Can anyone else him.

OP
OP
M

Minto09

Free Member
Dec 6, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki
Exp
since 2009
More from Minto09

Thanks to Lesley, hwever it seems that no 2 Kontikis are alike!! If tyou have a late 2002 Swift Kontiki on a Ducato 2.8 JTD base and can help, I woould really appraciate it . I can PM photos of what I am looking for. cheers, Minto

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Salut ! Bienvenue à bord!! :welcomefunster:

Amicalement

Griff

Ain't got a clue what I just said to you but if Frankie said it then it won't be rude.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back