Free Member
Jan 21, 2017
Fife Scotland
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I,m a newbie
New to campers and motorhomes and looking to get a van and build a camper. I have lived in Scotland all my life and just haven't seen enough of the country and would love to travel around in a campervan. I am at stage 1 of looking for a van. I have a lot to learn so if anyone can give tips or point me to guides that would be helpful.

Looking forward to talking, making new friends and helping out when I can.

Thanks,
Finlay

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GaryH61

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Horwich Greater Manchester AKA Lancs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Auto Stratus
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome to the funhouse of madness, this is a great place. Pull up a chair, grab a drink, say what you want, ask a question, tell a joke. Comment freely but not offensively... and enjoy

OP
OP
F

Finlay

Free Member
Jan 21, 2017
Fife Scotland
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I,m a newbie
Thanks for the warm welcome. Cheers for the link River, will have a look.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
A good kingdom to comfy.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi fellow Fife, don't know anything about a self build but met a guy who bought a written off caravan and used the insides as a source of parts for his new motorhome.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
The south of Fife is the old coal mining area so the tourist areas tend to be St Andrews and the other small villages and harbours.
Early summer in Fife is fruit time so find a farm and PYO. One freshly picked strawberry then would have more flavour than 30 bought at this time of the year.
Visit Fisher & Donaldson, South road Cupar and try anything you fancy but do not miss their marzipan fruits, butteries (rowdies in Aberdeen) (taste of a croissant but without the flaky pastry and air so easier to eat) and the shortbread (featured on BBC British meals show). There is a large car park so you can take the van. Scottish Deer Centre is worth a visit.
Anstruther - Fish and chip shop which has queues outside when the latest catch comes in; fishing museum.
Crail, quaint and buy a lobster at the harbour.
St Andrews - Drive down Granny Clark's wynd and cross the Old Course then park by the beach (this is where they filmed the beach scene in chariots of fire). Walk into town if feeling fit or along beach. Castle is not too big but has bottle dungeon and underground tunnel where it was attacked and counter attacked. Craigton Park (4 miles outside for country walk).
Tay Bridge - if you look at the rail bridge on the Fife side you can see the old bridge which blew down. Forth Bridge and they are also building the fourth bridge.
Falkland Palace - hunting lodge of the Scottish Kings and quaint wee town.
There's a starter for you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back