Hi from Dorset (1 Viewer)

tattoobaz

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Bournemouth
Funster No
Hi all

where do i start.... well me and the wife have finally decided to purchase a motorhome.What or where from i have no idea yet the only thing i know for sure is my budget of £35,000 (any ideas would be great ;) ) so i will be asking plenty more questions in the very near future so look forward to speaking with lots of you.

Barry and Jackie

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi tattoobaz and:welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:
Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk on here to help and advise, all you have to do is ask.::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi from sunny Weymouth,,:welcome:

Posted at 03.35 in the morning !!! this motorhome lark is supposed to be fun, dont loose any sleep over it, you will find the M.H. you want,, eventually :winky::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello good morning and welcome Barry and Jackie. Good luck in your search.

sirhandel

Free Member
Nov 28, 2008
Chippenham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You need to leave your cheque book at home and go look at lots of motorhomes to determine the configuration you want. For example - my wife and I decided we wanted a fixed rear bed layout as she didn't want the hassle of making up beds every night plus you find that this arrangement usually has a huge garage to swallow up all our junk. The larger dealers have a bigger range to look at such as Highbridge and West Country MHs in Somerset or Brownhills at Swindon and Newark. I'm sure others will be able to suggest other dealers to visit. Take your time and enjoy yourselves.
Good luck.

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Whcih ever motorhome you decide on make sure it has enough passenger seatbelts for any passengers you might occasionally take with you.Be it friends,family or grandchildren
A lot of motorhomes might be advertised as 6 berth but could only have 3 passenger seatbelts. Everyone travelling in the vehicle needs to buckle up safely.

Welcome to the forum
maggie

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Barry & Jackie WELCOME to the fun:winky:

Any questions just ask away. But as already said do plenty of looking first:thumb:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Barry and Jackie, welcome to the site. there is a very large Motorhome show at Shepton Mallet in September, if you have not bought by the pop along and have a good look. If you have bought by then well why not pop along anyway and Join the funsters quite a few of us are booked in the for a rally co do come and join us.
click the link below to find out more
<Link Removed>

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hio Barry and Jackie, welcome to FUN and enjoy.

Come and have a chat to Andy, he actually lives full time in his and what he doesnt know is not worth knowing!

Peter

OP
OP
T

tattoobaz

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Bournemouth
Funster No
wow what a great response. thanks to all for your welcomes that is definately the best response i have ever had on any forum. I am due to spend the next week or so viewing a few different vehicles so here we go !!!!

thanks again

Baz

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome, Hope you find what you want soon.

maggie

p.s. i have sent you a pm re: 1 motorhome I know of for sale within your budget thats 4 yrs old. A Geist Phantom

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back