LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hmmm, I'd forgotten about you moving to Shropshire. Does that mean you are now nearer for Janine & Barrie's ukulele nights on Wednesdays? (y)

Wyn
We lived in Bridgnorth up until 10 yrs ago Wyn right on Janine and Barrie's doorstep . We are about 16 mile away now towards Shrewsbury . I can't get my fingers to work right on the uke I keep catching the next strings notes then just don't sound right :( I keep practicing but just cannot do it any advice appreciated :) if I lie the use flat on my knees and play it like that sounds great just cannot get it to sound anything like

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We lived in Bridgnorth up until 10 yrs ago Wyn right on Janine and Barrie's doorstep . We are about 16 mile away now towards Shrewsbury . I can't get my fingers to work right on the uke I keep catching the next strings notes then just don't sound right :( I keep practicing but just cannot do it any advice appreciated :) if I lie the use flat on my knees and play it like that sounds great just cannot get it to sound anything like
Well that was a bad move. I think some of the players from the Shrewsbury side come over on a Wednesday. I'm sure you could make it ;). I don't know if it helps but try making sure you have your thumb behind the neck and not your palm.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and a warm welcome to MHF(y) we are also from Shropshire (y)
Brian & Jo

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Another welcome from Staffordshire.
After the Peak District, Shropshire is my favourite place for 1 or 2 night short notice getaway.
Some magical places, can`t wait to get away again soon

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
turned 'one day .....' to reality in 2014
Hi and welcome i lived in Ludlow for 16 years.(y)
Thanks - Ludlow a great place, they have a combined classic car event and food fair soon - ticks my boxes(y)

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Hi there and a warm welcome to MHF(y) we are also from Shropshire (y)
Brian & Jo
Hi fellow Shropshire lovers - err that still doesn't sound right:X3: snappier than fellow appreciaters of all that is good in Shropshire I suppose:)

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
I lived near Bishops Castle for 5 years, village called Norbury, we married in the Church and still have family there.
Beautiful part of the world, we visit regularly
Chris

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Another welcome from Staffordshire.
After the Peak District, Shropshire is my favourite place for 1 or 2 night short notice getaway.
Some magical places, can`t wait to get away again soon
Thanks Figaro - funnily enough after shropshire, peak district is one of our favourite places (used to live in Stockport many decades ago!). Want to take the bikes out this year and do some of the bike paths over there.

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
I lived near Bishops Castle for 5 years, village called Norbury, we married in the Church and still have family there.
Beautiful part of the world, we visit regularly
Chris
Hi Chris - know Norbury well, (beautiful place) seeing as we have been in Shropshire for 30 years and Bishops Castle for last 13. Love it here!:)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello :welco: you sound as if you will fit in here very well.

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Hello :welco: you sound as if you will fit in here very well.
Thanks Carol, hope so, think my ramblings and sense of humour (some people misguidedly call it grumbling old git syndrome:() might be tolerated in the funhouse!:)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thanks Carol, hope so, think my ramblings and sense of humour (some people misguidedly call it grumbling old git syndrome:() might be tolerated in the funhouse!:)

Sounds just about right, good to have new members posting that's what keeps it interesting .

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Chris - know Norbury well, (beautiful place) seeing as we have been in Shropshire for 30 years and Bishops Castle for last 13. Love it here!:)
My Dad was the landlord of Sun Inn for many years and is buried in the Churchyard opposite, he said he wanted to keep an eye on the cellar!
Chris

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Lol lol lol ... welcome .. took me years to work out what I was doinv wrong with those same control knobs. Finally sussed it ..

Just remember that if on EHU and want electric use only .. then you STILL have to turn the other knob to the single flame symbol. You turn the EHU knob to whatever you want.. water .. water and heat .. just heat. Remember when on just electric it akes forever to get warm so best leave it on low ALL the time.

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Lol lol lol ... welcome .. took me years to work out what I was doinv wrong with those same control knobs. Finally sussed it ..

Just remember that if on EHU and want electric use only .. then you STILL have to turn the other knob to the single flame symbol. You turn the EHU knob to whatever you want.. water .. water and heat .. just heat. Remember when on just electric it akes forever to get warm so best leave it on low ALL the time.

Hi Movan, That made me smile.. I'm still being caught out by it 2.5 years later. Add to the gas flame symbol = not really gas, it's electric, ha! - o_O that I must remember to have power on at control panel AS WELL AS PCU and space heater circuit breaker being on. Have been caught out a couple of times by putting electric on but not at control panel - quick glance at analogue control knobs to check, yup green light where it should be and orange light where it should be....so turn away to get on with more important things ...like life! But... if had watched for a few seconds more would have seen that orange light was flashing to say that it might be blowing but not heating:eek:..so that's why it's freezing in the van he thinks a few hours later! One day I'll get it! lol But seriously, how did they come up with the genius idea of gas = electric symbol! I want some of whatever they were on at the time as it must be wonderful seeing green sky and blue grass..:)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yep. The men in w
Hi Movan, That made me smile.. I'm still being caught out by it 2.5 years later. Add to the gas flame symbol = not really gas, it's electric, ha! - o_O that I must remember to have power on at control panel AS WELL AS PCU and space heater circuit breaker being on. Have been caught out a couple of times by putting electric on but not at control panel - quick glance at analogue control knobs to check, yup green light where it should be and orange light where it should be....so turn away to get on with more important things ...like life! But... if had watched for a few seconds more would have seen that orange light was flashing to say that it might be blowing but not heating:eek:..so that's why it's freezing in the van he thinks a few hours later! One day I'll get it! lol But seriously, how did they come up with the genius idea of gas = electric symbol! I want some of whatever they were on at the time as it must be wonderful seeing green sky and blue grass..:)
Yep the men in white coats have removed me from my van a few times whilst reading my manual.... maybe because it isn't called WOMANUAL? :oops:

OP
OP
hughb40

hughb40

Free Member
Aug 16, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Yep the men in white coats have removed me from my van a few times whilst reading my manual.... maybe because it isn't called WOMANUAL? :oops:
And they removed me a few times because I 'm a man ... and we don't need/refuse to use a manual despite its name and despite it being of potential help:)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow
And they removed me a few times because I 'm a man ... and we don't need/refuse to use a manual despite its name and despite it being of potential help:)
You ARE special.... an HONEST man! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back