Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Hi Folks, I've been lurking for a while - subscribed in the New Year and thought it was about time I said hello to everyone(y)
Caravanned with a young family through the 80's and 90's, then bought an ageing Swift Kontiki MH in 2002 to drive around France looking for a house to buy, selling the MH in 2004 to fund the house renovation.
I've split my time between Hampshire and France ever since but the yearning for a camper returned last year, having exhausted my enthusiasm for a tent, which isn't the best way to follow the TDF and F1 - especially when the first flush of youth has passed....:)
Found an Autotrail Cheyenne in September, arranged delivery in mid-Oct and was seriously miffed when I was diagnosed with NH Lymphoma the same week I picked up the Cheyenne....:rolleyes:
About halfway through chemo now and unlikely to get the MH over the water until Easter but hoping to get away here in the next weeks between treatments. Dealer has now resolved a couple of issues, so no more excuses....:D
Not seeking sympathy, BTW - I can't complain as I've had a darn good run health-wise so far - and I'm well aware that I've a very treatable condition so, once the docs throw off the shackles, it'll be nice to resume a normal life!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
:hiya2: Loving the positive attitude. Good on yer!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:love your positivity and not long until your adventures start.!:welcomesign:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome to the fun forum. Loving your positive attitude.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Welcome aboard and Hampshire to Europe at easter as well. Probably Vendee but i currently have 6 planned trips so it could be anywhere.

You would have been usefull earlier in the week with disagreements about Taunton to Dover route. Bascially M4 or A303 and cut through Hook to farnham and onto hogs back to J10.

Local knowledge says ????????

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Great to have you onboard. Like yourself and I guess many others in this forum, I am beginning to dodge between potential limitations to our desired freedom. Enjoy all and please keep coming back with questions to give the rest of us something to think about.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome. Glad you have come along to add to the fun and experience of a funster group. :)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Welcome from a fellow Cheyenne owner.I like the positive attitude too.good luck in the future.

OP
OP
Pete5996

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome! The MH scene has changed just a tad since I was last involved, not least with communication and the sheer wealth of information available online, and I've already learned a lot here, with plenty more to go....:)

You would have been usefull earlier in the week with disagreements about Taunton to Dover route. Bascially M4 or A303 and cut through Hook to farnham and onto hogs back to J10.
Local knowledge says ????????

@suavecarve - I'd take the A303/A31/A3/M25 every time from north Hampshire, personally. If you can plan to avoid the A303 on Sundays eastbound, Fridays westbound, it's generally an easy run. Likewise with the A31/A3, avoid the morning rush into Guildford is preferable and you've taken out a chunk of the M25. As an aside, I avoid the M3 northbound to the M25 now - with the decades-long roadworks there's far too much chance of a prang to clog everything up....

Great to have you onboard. Like yourself and I guess many others in this forum, I am beginning to dodge between potential limitations to our desired freedom. Enjoy all and please keep coming back with questions to give the rest of us something to think about.

Indeed, @rosalan , the thought of having a timetable for the rest of my life for check-ups etc has come as rather more of a shock than having the illness! I realise now that perhaps I've taken good health for granted...... Never mind, I'll find a work-around!:D

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
[USER=8035 said:
@suavecarve[/USER] - I'd take the A303/A31/A3/M25 every time from north Hampshire, personally. If you can plan to avoid the A303 on Sundays eastbound, Fridays westbound, it's generally an easy run. Likewise with the A31/A3, avoid the morning rush into Guildford is preferable and you've taken out a chunk of the M25. As an aside, I avoid the M3 northbound to the M25 now - with the decades-long roadworks there's far too much chance of a prang to clog everything up....
I like you already !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back