syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Hi, we're Mick and Marion and we've just bought our first motorhome. It is an old model but as we are real beginners at this we thought it best to try and see how we do first before going for something too expensive.

Have been sitting in the background and reading all your messages in the hope that we will be able to understand a little bit of what we are doing before we set off on our first trip.

We have been driving through Europe in our car up until now but have got fed up with sleeping on reclined seats (not very comfortable) :RollEyes:

Your site seemed to be the friendliest forum that I've found.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Your site seemed to be the friendliest forum that I've found.

Hi and welcome to FUN, no whiners on here but we got a Parrot called ARFUR somewhere:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ask away, everyones helpfull on here and no snobs either.

Regards

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
MH

Hi Mck & Marion

Hope you enjoy yourselves, we have a MH we have done 8 k and I still haven't tried to work out how to use the Tv Lol, , couldn,t work the heating until i got cold one night :Smile: enjoy

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi folks and :welcome:
You've gone about things the right way :thumb:
After a while you'll work-out what works for you and what works against-you in your present van and can sort those out when you change vans.
If you've any questions ask away :thumb:

regards...nige

OP
OP
syranara

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Many thanks for your warm welcome. No doubt I will be back soon with loads of questions. ::bigsmile:

Mick & Marion

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the best motorhome site available, I have tried sleeping on reclining car seats, not funny so the new motorhome will be a treat. Mine is 26yrs old and others have oldies as well. Plenty of help and advice on here should you need it. Don't forget the chatroom. I am there every evening, look forward to chatting to you.:thumb::thumb:

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Hi Mick and Marion,
we too have just done exactly the same as you - bought an older model MH just to try out the lifestyle before committing loads of money.
We're off for our first weekend away this Bank Holiday and reckon we will probably spend most of the time sitting in a traffic jam! If we do get to our booked site we will probably make loads of mistakes and return hopefully a little wiser! As a small female only a little over 5 feet I was slightly worried about driving it, but had a go this weekend and its a peice of cake - easier than driving my old estate car.
Good luck and enjoy!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Welcome to Fun Mick & Marion:winky: