Hi everyone (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Me and my better half are both new to motorhoming or camping for that matter but we luv it and get away at every opportunity. We're still on a big learning curve with the MH and hoping to pick up plenty of tips and advice on this great site.::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We're still on a big learning curve with the MH and hoping to pick up plenty of tips and advice on this great site.::bigsmile:

Considering the time of year your biggest problem could be preparing for winter. Use SEARCH above with keyword winter or winterise.

Or better still, just head south and avoid the winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Timetraveller
Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks, we know a little about 'winterisation' e.g. draining tanks etc but we intend to use it weather permitting through the winter months. Apart from extra insulation around the tanks I don't know what else we can do, or should we drain and fill every time we want to use it?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you could leave a heater on in the van if it is on the driveway, or drain and refill every trip, replacing a burst waterheater jacket is expencive.

OP
OP
Timetraveller
Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Leaving a heater on isn't an option, so I guess it's gonna be drain and fill, oh the joy of MHoming:cry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Leaving a heater on isn't an option, so I guess it's gonna be drain and fill, oh the joy of MHoming:cry:

Our Truma protects itself, it was a shower valve that froze and split on ours.

Even with heating there are pockets where warm air does not get to but they are exposed to the outside even through insulation.

I did enjoy taking our shower cubical out, it's German and screwed together, beautiful design. But I've read about UK ones where they just bond lumps together with no regard for servicing.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Welcome to the forum ::bigsmile:
We drain the tanks after each use in the winter as the MH is in a storage compund when not in use :Smile:

flyingwelcome

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi Fellow West Yorkshire To Fun

You do not tell us if you are retired or stuck with a working regime

If it is the first ignore em all and shoot of down to Spain for the winter so much better than West Yorkshire just wish I could get my better half to say yes

Enjoy whatever Alan and Lynda

swify

Free Member
Oct 26, 2010
Funster No
Hi, i'm glad we are'nt the only newbies we have only been doing it for a couple of months but love it,we have been away most weekends and everyone is so lovely and helpfull if we get stuck with anything.
Welcome to the club :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
:welcomefunster:flyingwelcome

Join us or log in to post a reply.