Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jamielynn, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jamielynn

jamielynn Read Only Funster

Hi everyone at Motorhomefun - I've just joined the site but I got a very sad task to carry out. My mother died a couple of weeks ago and I have to sell my parents much loved R reg Mobilvetta Euroyacht 140 - I'm acting as the estate executor and I need the collective wisdom of the site members.

Firstly I have no idea what the true value of this motorhome is - I've looked in the usual magazines but Mobilvettas appear to be quite rare. A local dealer has offered £11k but I feel its under valued as it has 30k on the clock, Tracker, Air-ride suspension, tow bar fitted and comes with a Carratow.

The Mobilvetta is located at my parents home in North Scotland and I'm wondering if I bring it home to N Yorkshire we might get more people interested. I'll have to MOT it as its just run out but I'd assume a current MOT would add some value?

Has any member got some useful suggestions?

The sad thing is Jane (my partner) and I were considering touring Europe in the Mobilvetta next year to do some climbing in the Alps - we'd previously used it to attend Cropedy Festival and got the bug - we are talking about buying a motorhome more suited to our needs in a couple of years time so we'll keep in touch on motorhome matters via this site. However I'll keen on self build having just seen some of the members self builds and reading John Wickershaws Haynes manual.

Thanks in advance for any members input

Jamie

2. cater_racer

cater_racer Read Only Funster

You don't say what year it is, but the market is cr*p so without a purchase I'd say the dealer is offering a fair price.

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi, get it on Ebay with an 11k reserve and see what happens:thumb:

4. davejen

davejen Funster

Should have gone to specsavers!- it says R REG in the op!
    Cheers, Dave:thumb:

5. jamielynn

jamielynn Read Only Funster

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who responded - I'm negotiating with the dealer.

Best wishes

Jamie

6. champers

champers Funster Life Member

jamielynn :welcomefunster:
    ....cant help with your query but someone will be along soon that can

We have a Conversion Van up for sale that has been winterized if you should change your mind:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

7. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

Hi Jamie,

:welcome:

I have a 2001 Euroyacht 150 which is a bit bigger I believe but prob not a lot of difference in value. I paid £25k last year, so as yours is about 3 years older I would have thought it may be worth a little more than the £11k you ahve been offered.

BUT, as others have said not a great time to sell and market is not good currently.

Get it in best condition, MOT and try it on EBAY with a reserve of at least £12k.

Mind you, if you change your mind it is a super motorhome:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Good Luck

8. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Jamie, I cannot help with regard to value, but from an outsider and reading your post, it may be an idea not to jump the gun. The motorhome may be a great way for you to get into the swing of motorhoming and learn more about what you want from your final vehicle.

It is early days yet and you are still grieving .... I keep telling my daughter if anything happens to me don't do anything for twelve months..... then when your mind is clearer you can decide what to sell and what to keep.

It is just a suggestion, but I do know that if you decide to give it a try this is the best site around and these people on here will help you in every way to get used to motorhoming and enjoying it to the full.

Good luck. Joy

9. clarify

clarify Read Only Funster

Hi Jamie
    Would be interested in van as am looking for one at the moment .
    Have you any pics of it or perhaps you could let me have your number or ring me on 01322331153
    Ray