Free Member
Mar 20, 2010
essex
Funster No
MH
??? c i think!
Exp
totally new!!!
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, Just brought 02 motor home and the sun is shinning!!:Smile: we r from essex {yes i know all the jokes}! when do the campsites open or is that a daft question! I am totally new to this !!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun shelby, what kept you, hee hee. You have a self contained motorhome why would you need a site? We have not used a site in 40 odd years, would rather spend the cash on fuel to travel more. however to answer your question most sites seem to open at easter. why not get out and join us at a fun meet.
Link Removed

lots going on there 3 birthdays, a betrothal, bike race, breakfast cook off, and a scalping, see below, hee hee

Link Removed

From the above you will see we have an active chatroom, someone there every evening do drop by and say hi, we don't bit unless you are female and ask nicely, hee hee.
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to the forum

no question is a daft question but sometimes the answer may sound stupid.
Campsites. Some are open all year and some are seasonal from Easter to around the end of September/October.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, Just brought 02 motor home and the sun is shinning!!:Smile: we r from essex {yes i know all the jokes}! when do the campsites open or is that a daft question! I am totally new to this !!

Hi and welcome to the site......Feel free to give us some good essex jokes...make a change from taking the P...s out of p.../m......./b.....(can't say the ANTI brigade will moan:ROFLMAO:)....Dave

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Hi Shelby,welcome to MHF,the amount of knowedge on here is pnenominal so do'nt be afraid to ask no matter how daft you think your questions are,I've asked some humdingers but always got the right answer.
As for camp sites pick a few that are open all year,out of season motorhoming is great ! Try christmas and new year,superb !!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy.

John Pengers.:thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Shelby

One good start is to buy a book of caravan parks (internet/w h smith). Each entry will give you info about that park, prices and opening times. For you and everyone else, if you google 'cliff house caravan park dunwich' you will find a beautiful park in the lower half of East Anglia, not a million miles from Essex. My daughter is there at the moment and she says it is in a forest beside the sea and they have just had tea and crumpets and gone for a walk on the sand. They have seen rabbits and deer this morning and a water buffalo(?). Don't ask me. If your daughter is a child, then you might feel happier staying on sites rather than wild camping to start with.

Ivy

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Welcome to the madhouse, Shelby... and to Motorhoming.

I respect Wildman for his views, but remember when he first started Motorhoming there were almost no campsites. The Romans burnt most of them before leaving.

However, no matter which ways your journeys eventually take, life is much simpler if you start with sites, because you'll find some very friendly people who'll be chuffed to show off their knowlege and teach you just how to hook up the electrics or empty the loo! This is one hell of a lot easier than doing it from any book.

The other thing is that, in general we're ships that pass in the night. In other words, you can make mistakes or swap tales that you'll never tell neighbours, friends and family, because you'll probably never meet again.

Have fun, lots of it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Shelby, welcome to the wonderful world of motorhomeing, some sites are open all year, although a lot open at Easter, if you are going then it is advisable to book as they get really busy, not a bad idea to join one of the clubs either CCC or CC then you get more choice.

Keep asking questions its the best way to learn, or go to one of the Motorhome shows the people are always friendly and usually more than willing to pass on information, as Wildmans says he is running a good rally at the Carmarthon Show should be fun. enjoy which every route you take. :Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Welcome to MH Fun:welcomefunster:

No question is daft, can't always say that for the answers, but we try

Enjoy your trips.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
! when do the campsites open or is that a daft question! I am totally new to this !![/QUOTE]

Hi, and welcome, in answer to your question-............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ About 9'0 clock!!!!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi there,
Being an Essex girl myself (yes, i've heard most of the jokes:ROFLMAO:) am going down to Deal for the Easter weekend.

If you have nothing planned, check out the 'Rallies' forum for details.

Happy days:thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi and Welcome I think your question was answered hee hee:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome to MHF! :Smile:

Many sites are already open - I made my first ever short trips over the last two weekends. Just be aware that this time of year the campsite pitches, particularly CL/CS types, could be a bit muddy....I know, having got stuck last night on only my second trip :Sad:

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Shelby & welcome,
The two big clubs (maybe a good idea to join at least one to start) have Club sites-expensive, CL & CS sites-cheapish 5 van sites basic amenities or none at all! & Holiday sites like rallies but you don't have to play silly games.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Shelby, Essex is fine , had several great years there , welcome :Smile:

keng0orh

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
Newbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
new to it, upgraded from trailers.
Hi Shelby!

Hi Ya
Big hello from one newbie to another.
We have just bought an 02 ci Carioca 10, looked at a few layouts etc, but really there was only one type that suited our lifestyle and that was a Ci.
I guess like us, your eager to hit the high road and drive to where the road ends!

cheers

Ken & margaret, Newbury. :thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Shelby and Welcome from me...You all enjoy the new "bus"

What a lovely name :Cool: Shelby designed a lot of Ford's Lovely cars..

6543-ford-shelby-cobra-gt-1.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back