Hi everyone, we are off to Berlin on Sunday and have a few questions.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by JBoy, Aug 4, 2014.

1. JBoy

JBoy Funster

Hi folks,

Berlin beckons and we have been trying to find out a few things from different guidebooks but one querie in particular does not seem to be mentioned.
    Like a lot of motorhomers we travel with our dog (a very docile Greyhound).We can find dog friendly sites, but is the city of Berlin dog friendly?
    Are they allowed on public transport such as the trains and buses ? I would willingly pay taxi fares if he could travel in one.
    I of course understand that there are many places he would not be allowed, but I am hoping that there would not be a problem just walking him through city streets (I of course clean up after my dog).
    Does anyone out there have prior experience of taking their dog to Berlin?

Secondly we have picked out a couple of sites - International Reisemobilstation, Wohnmobil Park both of which have been mentioned on here, but does anyone have others to recommend as close to the city centre as possible with good ratings (7/10 or above)

And finally this Umveltzone ticket - where do we buy it - confusing advice reigns.

Thanks,

John

• Like Like x 1
  2. outkast

outkast Read Only Funster

don't mention the war, I did once but I think I got away with it :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

John, lived there when the wall was up, brilliant city then! Follow the linky and just search for dogs on public transport, it's all there! Have a great time. http://www.visitberlin.de/en

• Like Like x 1
  4. JBoy

JBoy Funster

Thanks, the link was very helpful.

5. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

6. JBoy

JBoy Funster

Thanks for replying. We have decided to get one in Germany. As always last minute!
    John

7. Nethernut

Nethernut Read Only Funster

John most decent size car sales showrooms will be able to print one off for you. Enjoy Berlin, about the only city I enjoy going to, mind you we did live there for 2 years in the 70s!!
    The only places that you have to watch with a dog is beaches (there are quite a few on the lakes formed by the Havel etc), they have special dog beaches.
    No problems travelling with a dog - Germany is very dog friendly.

8. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi don't know if your booked on a site or not, we visited Berlin last September and stayed here http://www.reisemobilstation.com/ its virtually in the city center. You can't book in advance so arrive early and you should get space, its right next to the underground and only 20 min walk to the city center.