Hi everyone I have agreed a price if £4000,any advice when ups be greatly appreciated (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
P

Paulfy4

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry for spellcheck any advise would be greatly appreciated it should have said

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Interestingly, if I copy and paste item number into ebay search it brings up the listing

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Paulfy4

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie

Good morning everyone, we are buying our first Motorhome today, subject to test drive, checking it over etc, we are meeting the guy at his home which is local to me, and all paperwork is present so it is a genuine sale, I would welcome any advise or comments good or bad that anyone would take the time to pass my way, we have agreed a price of £4,000 as long as everything is as described and we like the Motorhome, thanks for taking the time to read this

This is the Motorhome

JIM _ I received this as a private message this morning. Hi @Paulfy4 I've posted this in the main forum for you. Best of luck

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Shows for me but shows it is still an active auction with over 3 days left to run

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
really odd why the original link shows it as removed, but the same ebay number is on the revised links

makes me jumpy when things like that happen

but now for the money, worth a go, but note the sellers own words, it is still a project, that must mean there is work to do of some kind, are you up for that?

biggest potential issue with this will be damp, it will possibly smell of damp due to no use, or the leaks mentioned, but they might both mask even bigger issues

I would buy or borrow a damp meter, you can buy something fairly basic from DIY places for around £20, it will be money well spent if it picks up serious damp, some is inevitable, up to 20% readings are rated as acceptable although sound awful, but anything above 30% will suggest some serious work might be needed, depending on how big an area shows up as damp

presuming anywhere does of course, it could be perfectly dry :)(y)

best of luck, try not to let your obvious excitement cloud your judgement, says he who bought a pile of issues with his last purchase due to being carried away with my excitement at the moment of viewing o_Oo_O

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
really odd why the original link shows it as removed, but the same ebay number is on the revised links

makes me jumpy when things like that happen

but now for the money, worth a go, but note the sellers own words, it is still a project, that must mean there is work to do of some kind, are you up for that?

biggest potential issue with this will be damp, it will possibly smell of damp due to no use, or the leaks mentioned, but they might both mask even bigger issues

I would buy or borrow a damp meter, you can buy something fairly basic from DIY places for around £20, it will be money well spent if it picks up serious damp, some is inevitable, up to 20% readings are rated as acceptable although sound awful, but anything above 30% will suggest some serious work might be needed, depending on how big an area shows up as damp

presuming anywhere does of course, it could be perfectly dry :)(y)

best of luck, try not to let your obvious excitement cloud your judgement, says he who bought a pile of issues with his last purchase due to being carried away with my excitement at the moment of viewing o_Oo_O
Agree with all that(y) but as it is only down the road and not a lot of money so shouldn't be any sort of scam and it does say it needs work, so as long as he is not expecting a new van , should be ok, but as you say damp is the big killer, can easily cost as much again to put right so you are then getting close to the next price band of newer vans.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's listed at £3900 and you've agreed a price of £4000?

Wow. That's some good bargaining there :whistle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back