Hi Everybody! (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
I'm Bridget and am a forum newbie-this is my first ever post on any forum! I first started in the 80's with an old VW camper touring the UK and France before a brief dalliance with a trailer tent. Health issues put an end to touring until buying a Rollerteam in 2013 and then moving on to an Autotrail Arapaho ( nicknamed Helix) last September. I am now a solo motorhomer, and have managed 2 solo weekends with my dog Buffy. I would like to learn more about maintaining Helix and doing as much of it as I can. My hobbies include diy, reading, various crafts, cycling and obviously travelling! I'm looking forward to being an active part of this community.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Hi welcome

There is plenty of experience and advice here, so feel free to ask and join it. One or two Solos also.

Maybe become a subscriber and join in fully

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
downloadfile-1.gif

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Thank you all, I've taken Trekkin's advice and upgraded to a subscription. Irnbru, your dog looks very much like mine although Buffy is a collie/jack russell cross

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome from Devon, there is a south West group here with quite a few members. There are lots of solos so you need not feel out of place at a rally.

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Thank you. Thank you for letting me know about the South West group, it's good to know that there are solos as I felt a bit awkward at the only rally I have done with the c&cc. Probably my own fault for not mingling a bit more- I'm sure I'll get the hang of it in time!

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hi Bridget welcome to fun :hi: Have a look at the rally pages come along and meet everyone

:welc:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hello :welc:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Welcome on board from the duckhouse. :welc:

There are a lot of solo travellers here so don't be worried about going to a meet or rally with fun. If you do make it along then look out for the van with a duck fixation and Mrs Deluxe and myself will gladly make a cuppa - we have an idiot rescue cocker spaniel by the way.....

Edit - nice big van, the Araphaho. Plenty of space

dappleduck

Free Member
May 14, 2015
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
toyota lightace
Exp
im a newbie
morning bridget.........cornwall eh.....almost set off for west country on sunday.....looked at weather forecast.....decided to stay home with feet by fire.......brrrrrr its like winter........small van...no heating........happy camping.....enjoy...............dappleduck

OP
OP
B
Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Thank you all for the welcome. I'm hoping to find a rally so that I can meet you and will take you up on the offer a cuppa dux deluxe! Yes, I love the space in the arapaho and am enjoying making minor improvements like soap dispensers and am going to switch lighting over to led's..... lots to learn but that's part of the fun for me. It would have been very cold and windy dappleduck...however...... I have just heard we are expecting a heatwave from thursday to sunday so I will be making the most of that!!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hello and Welcome Bridget, well done you, although not been a solo for a long time, can remember how daunting it felt.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello Bridget ,
Your in a lovely part of Britain to enjoy your Motorhome , if we are in for a heatwave as promised. Welcome to the friendly forum.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back