Hi Eeveryone - I know nothing - Yet :) (1 Viewer)

nannyknowsbest

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
My name is Paul and we live in North Devon.

We are new to the world of RVs (we have not bought one yet) but, having recently sold our narrowboat (I can't use it any more after I broke my back), we are determined to get out and see a bit or the world whilst I still can.

My problem is getting to view potential vehicles (we do not have a large budget) - because I can't drive long distances without having to stop to rest my back (and take my pills) - hence the need for an RV - it will allow me to travel without having to be anywhere at any time. I will have anywhere with me.

Anyway - nice to meet you all.

Paul & Maggs
:Smile::Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome I hope you find the rv you want in the not too distant future

KennyD

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hopefully Damon
Exp
Total novice
Introduce yourself

::bigsmile: Hello Paul and Maggs,
I know how you feel, I have a problem visiting places to buy the motorhome because my wife is disabled, this is my first time on here, the house is being sold so we can go full timing and get a better quality of life, bit of a gamble but hey, if I don't do it now at 63 I never will, hope to be on the road after Christmas.
Kenny:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome: Paul & Maggs to MH Fun

Hope you get fixed up soon, then up up and away.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
welcome to the fun. its good if you know nothing theres nothing to forget or get mixed up. just keep asking questions you should get an answer then we can discuss the answer and ask another question. then by xmas you will be as confused as the rest of us. better hurry up sorting a van the summer starts in november if you follow the birds. cheers alan.

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
hi and welcome paul,maggs and kenny,i am disabled took the plunge a few years ago with a rv never looked back [except in my mirrors] been all over the uk this year a week or two or even three in most places loving it.you are here once only enjoy every minute.all the best.muz and dragon.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome from Ilfracombe, where are you I wonder. You mention an RV but I do wonder if you are using that as a general term for a motorhome rather than a American RV for which it is usually reserved in the UK. If I can be of any help do let me know, maybe PM me a phone number if you are close by.

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi to you both welome to m/h fun good luck with your new adventure hope it wont take to long to find what you are looking for

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hello Paul and Maggs, try visiting a motorhome show; they are a great place to see lots of motorhomes in one place. It sure beats traipsing all over the country. Best of luck with your search, meanwhile welcome to the Fun:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back