Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
Hi All

Am a new member, been caravanning for nearly 30 years , considering changing to a motor home. have seen a 2012 Bailley Approach SE 645 which seems to satisfy all our requirements, any comments.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
If its what you need and fills your requiments then go for it ,but only after checking out all the
Competition get a good deal and welcome to the fun:welcomefunster::drink:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Welcome to the Fun :welcome:
Cannot give any specific advice to the Bailey. Just try and research as many models and layouts as you can to make sure you get the right one. Considering the model you are talking about this is going to be a lot of money. There are often stories of people who purchase a van and then find out its not the model for them.However you will have a lot of experience being tuggers so good luck in your search.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
Cant comment on that particular model but we bought a Bailey 760 last year and have been more than happy with it.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
After speaking with other motorhome owners the genral consensus seems to be it the you dont get it right till you 3rd motorhome
And I am sure its true
Our first was a total disaster
Our second the one we have now is very nearly perfect
Our third will be perfect probably next year

You should have a advantage over us due to your tugging experience
Look look and look again
Most on here have made expensive mistakes some will admit it it others wont mine lost me 5 grand in as many weeks
Good luck
Ps I can be found drunk in blue bell most wednesdays or thursdays:ROFLMAO:

Blodwyn Pig

Free Member
Oct 1, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
July 2013
Hi and :welcome: to the forum :Smile:

Swapped from the towed caravan to a UK built motorhome in July and now in the process of swapping from that to an American RV without sides.

The new Baileys look good and seem to have sound reviews in the press. As has already been said do lots of research and look round all different motorhomes before you buy. Unfortunately I guess any motorhome has to be a compromise in some way. I think (on reflection) I'd have gone straight to motorhome missing out the caravan era if I had to start again. :thumb:

OP
OP
M

mto

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
Thanks for your views, just an update. We have bought the Bailey, it is the layout we decided would work for us and it ticked all our must have boxes and most of our nice to haves. We knew we would have to compromise somewhere and having had island beds in our last two caravans, the compromise is the French bed, but price and size ruled out an island.
We cant wait to get using it now.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Thanks for your views, just an update. We have bought the Bailey, it is the layout we decided would work for us and it ticked all our must have boxes and most of our nice to haves. We knew we would have to compromise somewhere and having had island beds in our last two caravans, the compromise is the French bed, but price and size ruled out an island.
We cant wait to get using it now.

Congratulations. Hope you have many great adventures in it.:thumb:

OP
OP
M

mto

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
Hi again all, just another update.
We are finally going to pick up our Bailey on Friday, after problems getting warranty work completed on our caravan which we are trading in, and we cant wait to get started. We have a few days booked mid February for our first trip out, and are thinking of booking Chester at Easter if there is any space left.
I guess I should now move to the beginners section in future.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome to Fun, and congratulations on your new MH. We did Chester in December, and it was a brilliant meet, lovely people to meet, and lots of things to do/places to visit. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back