Feb 23, 2012
Crawley Down, Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
18th August 2012
Hi all.

Newbie’s from East Grinstead, Sussex. If fact we are pre-newbie’s because as yet we haven’t purchased our first Motorhome, We are looking, but with the combination of the wife’s must have check list, my reality of cost, and both suffering from lack of knowledge on what’s good or bad, it’s becoming a project. We have been looking for the right van since the beginning of the year, Went to Excel show this year and have been to most dealers in Sussex & Surrey. We have now booked our tickets for the NEC show for the 16th Oct which will probably just add more cost to the check list. Anyway, must apologise in advance for any newbie questions / opinions we might request in the future. We will be buying in September / November. :Smile:

Simon

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Scarecrow, welcome to MotorhomeFun. :thumb:
If you have any questions just ask away, I am sure they will all be answered.

OP
OP
Scarrow

Scarrow

Free Member
Feb 23, 2012
Crawley Down, Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
18th August 2012
Thanks for the wellcome

'Reallyretired' I see you own a Rapido 999M, which is on my reducing slowly short list. Would you get another one?.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun, why not put a wish list on here and see if you get any idea's you have not thought of, could be worth having a look at Jim's book about buying a motorhome.
Remember when you do whittle it down spend some time alone without a sales man with you, sitting in it thinking how comfy it would be on a rainy day.

Is there sufficient room to carry table and chairs for outside dining and a BBQ will you need to carry bikes. My self I would look at getting one just a couple of years old with all the toys on, eg bike rack, awning, solar panel. Just a few extra idea's to confuse you, but you get the general idea. :welcomefunster:

OP
OP
Scarrow

Scarrow

Free Member
Feb 23, 2012
Crawley Down, Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
18th August 2012
Oh what a shame, you'll miss all the summer.

What summer? :Sad: I can't remember the last time I took my motorbike out for a spin due to the weather.

Can not buy sooner because my Motorhome money is stuck in a three year bank saving deal. (Which turned out to be a waste of space). :Angry:

OP
OP
Scarrow

Scarrow

Free Member
Feb 23, 2012
Crawley Down, Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
18th August 2012
Hi and welcome to fun, why not put a wish list on here and see if you get any idea's you have not thought of, could be worth having a look at Jim's book about buying a motorhome.
. :welcomefunster:

That's a fine idea. We sort out the spec with the next few days:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back