towaho

Free Member
Sep 19, 2011
Swainswick, Bath
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Peugoet Boxer
Exp
My name is Tony. I am semi retired having worked as a Building Surveyor and now make Hi Fi speakers and restore old turntables. Partner, Julia works in Childcare. We have just bought an Autocruise van based on a Peugoet Boxer and intend to tour the UK and Europe. Looking for advice on fitting an integrated reversing camera initially and later when I can afford it, awnings and bike carriers :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, don't be tempted by wireless cam systems they do not work well enough.

OP
OP
T

towaho

Free Member
Sep 19, 2011
Swainswick, Bath
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Peugoet Boxer
Exp
Thanks both of you.
I thought about fitting a camera to the rear reflector which is above the doors and "fishing" a cable over the roof lining to a new cd/dvd player in the dash. I am hoping to pick up power to the camera from the reversing light circuit. Plenty of time to plan as no funds yet!!

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Welcome to MH Fun

Have to agree go for a hard wired camera, when we had our first one fitted a friend had his wireless one changed as he found ours so much better.

Best of luck

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
hi

:thumb: hi and walcome to the fun :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Anybody used these guys?
Broken Link Removed

Hi Guys, in the last couple of weeks I've used <Parkingcameras.com>. Purchased and fitted 'MON8' monitor and 'CAM30' twin lens set up. Fitted it myself and the results are amazing both day and night.
One of the advantages is that the Monitor powers the cameras so only one cable is required (for each camera). It comes with a reverse link so that selecting reverse powers the parking camera otherwise the rear view mode is always present. It is switchable so that it can be a true image or a mirror image or off altogether.
The picture at night is so good and so bright that I have to turn down the brightness. No need to fumble with the monitor though as it comes complete with remote control.
Hope this helps:winky:.......Griff

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
hi again, yes I used that company but only for ext cable as we had factory fitted camera only to find when bike rack fitted it negated its use so bought 2mtr cable to move camera down on to bike rack. company very quick ordered 8pm ,next morn 7.30am notified order received and sent, received cable 10am next day. Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back