Hi All (1 Viewer)

odiaxere

Free Member
Sep 28, 2010
Odiaxere, (Lagos) Algarve
Funster No
Just joined, we live near Lagos on the Algarve Portugal.
We are going to buy a motorhome as my wife comes from Austria we either fly or drive there at least twice a year, so we figured why not buy a motorhome then we can do the trip at our leisure and stay where we want as long as we want without having the expense of hotels.
So any information anyone can supply, on what is the best to look for, nothing too small.
There are just the two of us + our dog Aslan.
Thanks in advance.
odiaxere.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome to the site

Welcome to the site, I expect you have looked at the posts that we put up regarding various subjects. If you were in the UK you could have seen a lot of campers and RV's at say the last show at Lincoln (the last one this year..nothing until the new year).. that is often the way you get an idea of what is best for your own needs (and the dog).

I suggest you subscribe to say MMM that way you can see lots of adverts and articles about motor homes.. or as you have asked here on this site which is very useful.. need to subscribe.. £12 well worth the money for the information you can get to.

I wish you luck with looking for the right vehicle..

Bob:Eeek:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Hello and

:welcome:

No doubt many with similar households will be on with suggestions for you, but in the end the choice will be yours based on your needs, and how you intend to use your MH, and what layout you compromise on.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hello, :thumb:

MHs are a personal choice, what suits one wouldn't suit the next.

As Bob said, hit the magazines and eBay, I find the 'bay' very useful for getting ideas as most, not all, sellers will put some reasonable pictures on and go from thier, gives you an idea of what you like the look of and not. Look round dealers and again as Bob said any motorhome shows that are on.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb:
Ask away :thumb: we do not bite :ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
So any information anyone can supply, on what is the best to look for, nothing too small.
There are just the two of us + our dog Aslan.
Thanks in advance.
odiaxere.

There will be a fair amount of space taken up by just you two and your dog. You really need to have a nose about and get a feel for the sought of jobee you want. Then ask specifics.
Jim
:Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi odiaxere, welcome to the fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are going to buy a motorhome as my wife comes from Austria we either fly or drive there at least twice a year, so we figured why not buy a motorhome then we can do the trip at our leisure and stay where we want as long as we want without having the expense of hotels
odiaxere.

Good plan, seriously flawed logic. You can buy a whole lot of hotel space for the running costs of a MH.

It will however change a drudge of a journey into an adventure.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello and welcome to the site. What a good idea , I'd advise the same as most. Look at as many layouts as possible before deciding on which one to buy. Sit , lay , step in the shower etc. Pretend your using everything. What looks nice , isn't always practical or comfortable either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back