Hi all (1 Viewer)

jelzz

Free Member
Jan 22, 2010
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Just found this site and thought it would be good to join.. Me & my husband have been having long weekends away in our motorhome for the last couple of years but this year we're going to spend months travelling around Britain and up to Scotland.. :thumb: Has anyone got any recommendations on places to visit or sites to stay in .....

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Welcome, from Wales :thumb:

Why dont you give the famous West Wales Tenby and Saundersfoot area a try too :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
HI Jelzz, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi and WELCOME:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
J

jelzz

Free Member
Jan 22, 2010
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
OOOps

Sorry Mark e, I mean't to include Wales too !!! (Anglesey & St Davids)

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
flyingwelcome

Welcome to the funhouse!

from Nick, Helene and Matty

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just found this site and thought it would be good to join.. Me & my husband have been having long weekends away in our motorhome for the last couple of years but this year we're going to spend months travelling around Britain and up to Scotland.. :thumb: Has anyone got any recommendations on places to visit or sites to stay in .....

Hi Jelzz.... welcome to the house of fun from France........................Mel........ I hope you get plenty of this :sin: and none of that :rain:..... :thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs

WELCOME & Can anyone answer their question??????????????????????:Eeek: I recommend Plymouth! Riverside site at Marsh Mills Very convenient for the PARK & RIDE and Sainsburys just across the road. Have fun travelling We do!:thumb:

Rainy

Free Member
Oct 20, 2009
Bexhill East Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
6 months
Hi and welcome to this brilliant site the people on here are soo lovely and helpful :thumb:We are pretty new to motorhoming and have only had the odd weekend away in our lovely MH:Smile: which we've had since november but last summer we hired a Motorhome.. before we bought one and made our way up to Cumbria..aah what bliss.. breath taking scenery and lovely sites to stay on The weather really helped it was glorious! I know Cumbria recently took a battering with all the floods a couple of months ago and it affected many bridges that connect roads Its a beautiful place to visit on your way to Scotland but check with tourist info to make sure certain areas are ok to pass and stay
Enjoy your travels
Rainy&Peter

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Jelzz welcome, just north of Cardigan on the Welsh coast a lovely little bay with a little white church on its own near the cliffs , walk up to the top or down to the beach, beautiful MWNT , no site there.

Last edited:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi Jelzz,
Welcome to the fun place.

We did a tour that was mainly about Scotland last year. You mentioned all of Britain, so I've knocked up some sort of itinerary that includes the West Country, West Wales, Midlands, Peak District, Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Scotland West Coast, Scotland N. Coast then Northumbria, N. York Moors, York, Lincoln, Norfolk, Canterbury and home. I've assumed Blandford (well it's fairly central Dorset - I used to live in Shapwick).
You could do the whole thing in 6 weeks or you could take your time and take three or four months over it. Or you could split it into bite sized portions of two or three weeks.

For camp sites there are plenty in the Caravan Club book, and a load more in the Camping and Caravanning Club Big Site Guide. If you're not members of either then you could do worse than look at UK Campsites web site The UK Camp Site for Tent and Caravan Campers in the UK
There plenty of stuff in there, though not all good.

There will be plenty of people who have their own favourite sites on here if you ask for help in specific localities.

The size of your motorhome, don't be afraid of the small roads. We used to have a AutoSleeper Amethyst and took it down some very small roads in Western Ireland. Now we have a 6.3 metre A Class and took it all over Skye and up the small coastal roads of Wester Ross and Sutherland. Never got stuck, though a couple of times it was quite challenging (e.g. over the high pass to Applecross - fabulous views, narrow roads, steep hills)

Hope this post has given you some ideas. Ask away for more info.

John

Attachments

• Tour Britain.jpg
    Tour Britain.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 7

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
hi jelzz if you are in the west of scotland dumfries and galloway has some beautiful sites New England Bay in Stranraer is lovely they filmed the series 2000 acres of skye here,and garlieston is one of my wifes favourite sites,from d&g you can move onto ayr which has a few good sites literally a stone throw from the town, frWherever you go though enjoy and drive safely:thumb:

OP
OP
J

jelzz

Free Member
Jan 22, 2010
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Hi Jelzz,
Welcome to the fun place.

We did a tour that was mainly about Scotland last year. You mentioned all of Britain, so I've knocked up some sort of itinerary that includes the West Country, West Wales, Midlands, Peak District, Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Scotland West Coast, Scotland N. Coast then Northumbria, N. York Moors, York, Lincoln, Norfolk, Canterbury and home. I've assumed Blandford (well it's fairly central Dorset - I used to live in Shapwick).
You could do the whole thing in 6 weeks or you could take your time and take three or four months over it. Or you could split it into bite sized portions of two or three weeks.

For camp sites there are plenty in the Caravan Club book, and a load more in the Camping and Caravanning Club Big Site Guide. If you're not members of either then you could do worse than look at UK Campsites web site The UK Camp Site for Tent and Caravan Campers in the UK
There plenty of stuff in there, though not all good.

There will be plenty of people who have their own favourite sites on here if you ask for help in specific localities.

The size of your motorhome, don't be afraid of the small roads. We used to have a AutoSleeper Amethyst and took it down some very small roads in Western Ireland. Now we have a 6.3 metre A Class and took it all over Skye and up the small coastal roads of Wester Ross and Sutherland. Never got stuck, though a couple of times it was quite challenging (e.g. over the high pass to Applecross - fabulous views, narrow roads, steep hills)

Hope this post has given you some ideas. Ask away for more info.

John

Hi John

Thankyou so much for all the info and the itinerary.. We've managed to put together a plan for 4 weeks taking in Buxton, the lake district, Stirling, Fort william, Isle of Skye Anglesey and St Davids (Pembroke).. Can't wait to to go...
As for guessing Blandford, not far out, Sunny Bournemouth... (It actually was today)

:thanks:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
HI. AND WELCOME. NOTICE YOU ARE GOING TO STIRLING.WE LIVE JUST A FEW MILES FROM THERE.SHOULD YOU REQUIRE ANY INFO ON THE AREA OR SITES. CL,S ETC .JUST CONTACT ME.
JohnM :Smile:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
welcome

as is said, a big wellcome to the house of eeeeeeeeer oh yes ,, something,, where to go, what to see, whats best,,, that would be a motorhome, going somewhere then somewhere else , after that another place,, those you love most ,, you stay longer, those not so much you enjoy what you found,, then move on a tad sooner, but will bet you still enjoyed it,,, that is the end of the lesson acording to the crazy world of the froghopper,, travel well,, and dont forget to wave,,,:ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, don't forget we have a chatroom full of interesting people from all over the place France, spain, Portugal, Bulgaria, Wales and Ireland, Eire and some even from England, hee hee
quiz on thursday nights at 8pm
Nce to see another member to the Southern contingent. we have a couple of "Local" rallies
the Carmarthen Show in April for which i am the marshal
Link Removed
and the Shepton Mallet show in September (list started whern I return middle of Feb so watch out for that one. Above all enjoy yourself.
welcome.gif

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back